I change ringtone and sms...etc how can i change the voicemail tone? Thx... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

how to change voicemail tone?

Advertisement

I change ringtone and sms...etc how can i change the voicemail tone?
    Thx

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: how to change voicemail tone?

I'm guessing you mean a notification sound when you receive a new voicemail? Unfortunately it shares the same tone as your SMS messages, so if you have set that, then you have set your voicemail tone as well.

Haas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31200C1A

yeah this is something that should be changed I kinda think its stupid to have them shared like that.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Except for the fact that voicemail notification uses a special SMS Message to perform the notification.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

If you're willing to switch to a different voicemail provider, there are ways around this.

For instance SimulSays' visual voicemail client provides its own profile entry, which allows you to set a unique sound for voicemail notifications.

Most other voicemail providers offer notification via email (YouMail for instance). So you can set it to send notification to your BlackBerry email address, which will give you instant notification via push. Of course, now you have the problem of it sharing the same sound with your other email alerts. A couple different ways around this are:

• Set up a filter in your BIS settings to mark your voicemail notification emails as level 1 messages, and set a unique sound for your level 1 notifications in your Profiles.
    • Create a new Gmail account to just use for voicemail emails, then set up your voicemail provider to send notifications to this email address, and set the Gmail account up with your BIS, which will create a new entry in your profiles which you can assign a unique sound.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just go to your profile options and set up a new profile

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just go to your profile options and set up a new profile
    unfortunately a new profile wont help much, since it's the same tone as a SMS message. There is no seperate setting just for a voicemail tone.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    • Set up a filter in your BIS settings to mark your voicemail notification emails as level 1 messages, and set a unique sound for your level 1 notifications in your Profiles.
    Way to think outside the box!!

bbnewbie86 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post

How do I do this? I don't see anywhere in BIS or in my Messages folder under Options. Thanks!