Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I've spent so much money buying cases & finding I did not like them. Finally ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

I've spent so much money buying cases & finding I did not like them. Finally I found the _perfect_ case. Especially since I always carry mine in my pocket. It's a RexRegina Morgan model.

About $10 more than the rest, but after six months my beautiful red curve is still perfect. This case is also made from the finest leather of any BB case. No belt clip, smooth on both sides. It loads from the top (vertically) like a pouch, but covers the entire phone so no screen protector is needed. It also has thin stiffeners sewed in between the front & rear surfaces. So it protects your BB while keeping it's very thin sleek shape.

I prefer to use my BB naked, so this is the perfect solution because it's easy to remove quickly when the phone rings.

via: Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by silversleepe View Post
    wow, you guys reply so fast!

yeah, she is fine, everything works and all. i just get a bit careless when i carry it on my holster. bash it into a wall a couple times, the tiny crack it started with turned into the black hole.

thanks for referring me to that cnn.cn site... awesome prices! i was struggling trying to find a parts retailer with decent prices. i just ordered a BSE for it, so a new body is in order.
    You might also want to check out www.gsm4world.us. I think their prices are a little better than cnn.cn. I have experience with cnn.cn, however, but none with the other site.

EDIT: Looks like both sites have comparable prices now. Last week, the full crimson housing was 52.99 at cnn.cn and 43.99 at gsm4world. Today they're at 55.99 on both sites. Interesting.

Good luck!
    Last edited by RogerG; 05-15-2008 at 09:17 AM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Well Archer, I looked up the RexRegina Morgan case and it looks like a pretty good case.. for when you're not using your blackberry :P

Ever since I scratched the heck out of my screen, I've wrapped my Curve in various cases.

Started with the Speck See Thru Hard Shell Case, which I liked because it offered built-in screen protection. It's a good case, but wanted to try the Seidio Rubberized Case and that's what I've been using since. The case and holster combo has worked out quite well with my Crimson Curve. Got the burgundy colored case, which, while it doesn't quite match the Crimson Curve, it's close enough to make it a good combo.

I don't care for the screen protectors that adhere to the screen, but needed something to protect my screen after fixing it up using Archer's suggestion of the Novus plastic repair kit.

I am waiting for Seidio to make this case with integrated screen protection and then it will be the PERFECT case!

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have a daughter so I always keep my berry covered!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    No, my curve is almost always in my leather holster if it's not in my hand or on my desk.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Ever since I scratched the heck out of my screen, I've wrapped my Curve in various cases.

Started with the Speck See Thru Hard Shell Case, which I liked because it offered built-in screen protection. It's a good case, but wanted to try the Seidio Rubberized Case and that's what I've been using since. The case and holster combo has worked out quite well with my Crimson Curve. Got the burgundy colored case, which, while it doesn't quite match the Crimson Curve, it's close enough to make it a good combo.

I don't care for the screen protectors that adhere to the screen, but needed something to protect my screen after fixing it up using Archer's suggestion of the Novus plastic repair kit.

I am waiting for Seidio to make this case with integrated screen protection and then it will be the PERFECT case!
    How did the Speck case compare to the Seidio as far as quality and thickness?

Another question for those of you who use the stock pocket pouch. Has you berry accumulated any scratches from sliding in and out all the time?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    BB B'day Suit...lol.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    How did the Speck case compare to the Seidio as far as quality and thickness?

Another question for those of you who use the stock pocket pouch. Has you berry accumulated any scratches from sliding in and out all the time?
    Never used the stock pocket pouch, but purchased the OEM flap pouch, which, by the way would work with both the Speck and Seidio cases. The Seidio would stick a little with it being a rubberized case, but it fit in the case just fine. The clear plastic Speck slid in and out of it easily.

As for the Speck, I think the quality is good and it definitely enables you to show off the color of your device. I did worry about pieces breaking off when removing the case to clean out any lint or dust that accumulated inside as it is definitely flimsier than the Seidio case. The one thing I didn't like about it is that the clear plastic would get pretty scratched up, which while it obviously protected the device from the damage, doesn't do much for looks.

The Seidio on the other hand, is thicker, seems to be pretty scratch resistant and overall feels a lot more solid. I haven't taken the case off my device as of yet, but others have said it's hard to do the first couple of times, but gets easier the more you do it, while not diminishing the quality of the case.

If you use the holster that comes with it, it has a spring action clip that holds the device in place when you mount it in the holster, which you would think would scratch the case. I can just rub it with a finger and any scuff marks seem to disappear.

Overall, I'm happy with both cases, but I think the Seidio will be the permanent fixture!

Hope this helps!
    Roger

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I like my Berries like my women. Nekkid, I use a camera case to carry it on my belt though, very soft.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    I like my Berries like my women. Nekkid, I use a camera case to carry it on my belt though, very soft.
    So what do you use to carry your women with? Lol.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    So what do you use to carry your women with? Lol.
    Over his shoulder, of course!

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Use the pocket pouch. It's all I need.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You might also want to check out www.gsm4world.us. I think their prices are a little better than cnn.cn. I have experience with cnn.cn, however, but none with the other site.

EDIT: Looks like both sites have comparable prices now. Last week, the full crimson housing was 52.99 at cnn.cn and 43.99 at gsm4world. Today they're at 55.99 on both sites. Interesting.

Good luck!
    Thats if you get a keyboard too! Other wise only $43.99 for the crimson! Thanks for sharing that w/ us
    Slightly off topice but, I wonder why they are selling a light pink battery door? Could we be seeing a new curve color coming our way?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well, at home it's just Bare, with the exception of the BSE for the screen, when I take CC out she's protected by the Case-Mate Carbon Fiber Black Leather...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast