I just purchased the Blackberry Curve and installed a 2 GB SDmicro chip. I opened ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Hendrex no está en línea Stack level 1

How many mp3 files can the Blackberr hold?

Advertisement

I just purchased the Blackberry Curve and installed a 2 GB SDmicro chip. I opened Media Manager and copied a folder from my HD with MP3 files to my Blackberry. (This folder has about 85 mp3 files.) According to Media Manager all files have been copied, but upon disconnecting my Blackberry and looking in the media music folder I only see 34 files. Is this a space issue or does the Blackberry have a limit on the number of mp3 files it can hold per folder.

Any ideas or suggestion?

C

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: How many mp3 files can the Blackberr hold?

The limit is simply the size of the microSD chip that you utilize... try adding the files without using Media Mgr...

Simply plug the BBerry into your computer and enable mass storage mode... then just move the mp3s directly from computer to SDcard...

I'm not sure if 85 can be held or not... it simply depends on the size of the mp3s (totaled) u are moving and if there is anything else on the card...

would help for u to see how big those 85 mp3s are b4 u move them over... just put them in a folder on your computer and see the total file size there...

Good luck - - -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

The size of all the mp3s together is 65 mb and I don't have anything else on the media card. I'll try copying them directly without Media Manager.

Re: How many mp3 files can the Blackberry hold?

Ok, that worked. Thanks. ;-)

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I can store about 830 320kbps MP3s on a 4 gig microSDHC card.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I've found that it's a lot faster to bypass media manager. I'm not terribly fond of the Roxio product.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

When you say bypass it, what do you mean.....use mass storage?? If so, how do you do that? I hate that it takes so long to simply transfer a couple songs to my phone! I'm not sure I understand the whole mass storage thing.....thanks

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Its just like putting an external drive into your pc. So plug your bb into your pc and make sure mass storage is enabled. Then click on explore on your pc and find the removable drive which is your phone. Open that up and then find your music folder. Open it up. Once there you can drag the music from your other folder thats already on your pc. Give it a few minutes to move it all and once its done, you are set.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".