Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I want my email in their email individual email icons (which they are), but I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lilvalval no está en línea Stack level 2

How to get only SMS/MMS messages in your Message application?

Advertisement

I want my email in their email individual email icons (which they are), but I also want my SMS & MMS messages (sent and recieved) in one folder. Is this possible? Currently, my setting is Options/general options/ sms & email = seperate. By doing this I get my email in their own little places, BUT my message application shows empty. To view my mms/sms texts i have to select options/view folder/view mss OR view sms OR view sent mms OR view sms sent. Thats retarted! Then once I select the folder, view my messages and exit, when I return I have to go all the way back through the options menu AGAIN just to view my texts (mms/sms).

Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting?

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: How to get only SMS/MMS messages in your Message application?

Yeah just go to Messgaes>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Seperate

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

You should find a seperate icon SMS and MMS where only your texts are.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Yeah just go to Messgaes>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Seperate
    Thats what I have right now, and it separates my messages but my mms/sms messages are no where to be found unless I go all the way through the option/view folder/ and choose to view mms OR sms OR sent stuff.

I have to go through the menu and select to view folder EVERYtime I want to check my mms/sms.

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    You should find a seperate icon SMS and MMS where only your texts are.
    I don't have this icon.......is there somewhere to download it or a way to create it?

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hope this helps. Do u have all three msg folders displayed on your main menu? Do u have any hidden? There are 2 identical looking icons for messaging email and mms I guess. The yellow/manilla one has my sms. At least on my 8830

Quote Originally Posted by tina_twyman
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hope this helps. Do u have all three msg folders displayed on your main menu? Do u have any hidden? There are 2 identical looking icons for messaging email and mms I guess. The yellow/manilla one has my sms. At least on my 8830
    I have three folder. One says "messages" one is my yahoo email and the other is my work email. I don't know how to hide (much less un-hide) folders. the messages folder contains ALL messages when i don't have the separate option on. It contains nothing when I have the separate option on...from there I have to go through options and select the folder i want to view.

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

Isn't it theme dependent? Couldn't get it on my at&t theme, got it on my Orange theme.

No its not theme dependant. It should just appear on the home screen titled "SMS And MMS" as a new folder.

numnum no está en línea Stack level 1

HeyMr Radio. For some reason I don't have the same menu options...I only get to they following: Messgaes>Options>General Options>

The following isn't there: SMS and Email Inboxes>Seperate Any idea why?
    Thanks.

numnum no está en línea Stack level 1

Oops I'm no longer on the 8700 but on an 8100, but I see you guys are using 8300.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Under the general options menu, what's the last option at the bottom?

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

I believe the handheld O/S of the 8700c needs to be on some flavor of 4.2 in order to get the Option for a separate SMS/MMS icon. You may still be on 4.0 or 4.1. Upgrade to the latest 4.2 O/S and report back.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

Racerx51b no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240C644B

I have the exact same problem above. Don't tell me the solution is Messgaes>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Seperate. It doesnt work. I have done this and it works on all the themes except the ATT theme, which is the one I prefer. I have a BBerry Curve with V4.2.2.89 software. I even dowloaded the Iberry theme for it and it of course worked but I still prefer the ATT theme. I had a BBerry Pearl and when I set it up as "separate" it worked on the ATT theme. This is really frustrating. If I assign the left side key to SMS and MMS messaging it opens up the folder I want but I still cant figure out a way to get a SMS/MMS specific folder to appear on the icon screen.

In Summary:

In the ATT theme the menu is set to Messgaes>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Seperate

I have a catch all mail folder where every message goes to

I have a yahoo mail specific folder where only my yahoo mail appears

I have NO FOLDER that specifies SMS/MMS messaging

Like the original poster if I have the menu set as Messgaes>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Seperate NO SMS/MMS messages appear in any message folder. I have to open one of the message folders and then press menu, view folders, then choose the SMS or MMS inbox. When I escape out of them I have to follow the same process over again if I receive another SMS/MMS message.

If I reset the option to theme controlled or combined the SMS/MMS messages appear in the catch all mail folder with all my other email messages.

This only occurs in the ATT theme. Please respond with a viable solution. This is driving me freaking crazy! I called ATT and they were surprisingly helpful and suggested I reinstall the software. I have a mac and can't figure out how to do that since the software from ATT is an .exe file and doesn't work with my OS. I do have pocketmac but without being able to open the .exe file there is no way for me to reinstall the software. I doubt this will fix the problem anyway. Any thoughts?

Jason

jasonward73@yahoo.com

brikuda no está en línea Stack level 1

I think I've got the solution for this. I as having a similar problem and I came up with a fix.

STEP 1: Go to your Messaging folder and Click on Options, Choose the option to have your SMS and Email SEPARATE

Result: You will now have your Regular Email Account folders on the main menu. The Messaing folder will now not show your SMS messages but it will show your Emails.

STEP 2: Go to the Applications folder on the main menu. You will see a folder with a phone over it. It essentially mirrors the folders for Email, but instead of having a globe over the folder, it has the picture of a mobile device. This will say SMS and MMS. Move this folder to wherever you want it, I moved it up to the main menu right next to my Mail folders.

STEP 3: Hide the original Messaging folder. You do this by scrolling over a menu item in the main menu and clicking on the Menu button, you will see a scroll down option for HIDE.

Result: You should now have a separate folder for your SMS and your already existing folders for your Email. The general Messaging folder will now be hidden. I dont know if there is a need to have this, so i guess you can just keep it hidden.

Hope that solves your issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast