I upgraded to 5.0 and now have this. Never saw what the purpose was and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

How do you disable visual voicemail?

Advertisement

I upgraded to 5.0 and now have this. Never saw what the purpose was and don't want it. It's annoying when I get a voicemail that I receive a text with the VM embedded in. How can I turn it off? I can't delete the visual voicemail program from the phone because it's a core app.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    You can remove it using Desktop Manager easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    You can remove it using Desktop Manager easily enough.
    overlooked. thanks

actually i just went into the app loader in desktop manager and it's not listed

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    You can disable this via your carrier. You usually have to login to the carriers site to become 'provisioned' for it. The app will remain on your device, but you won't get the notifications anymore.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I just looked in applications on my BB, it's actually listed under third party apps. What carrier are you with?

T-Mobile. MS, I went to the T-Mobile website but didn't see anywhere to handle the apps. Even if there's a was to disable visual vm I'd be happy, don't have to delete it...
    Last edited by jaymzb0nd; 02-14-2010 at 12:04 AM.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    When you login to your account, go to add/change services and it should be towards the bottom. Simply uncheck it and save. If you don't see the option, then change your device to the 9700 on the site and then do the steps above.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Find and load something like BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife)... here is a Link to Crackberry to download and install this on your PC... connect your device and search for VVM cod files... I think there were about 6 or 7 files... you will only be able to select and remove one at a time and sometimes it reboots after a couple of the files are removed... I removed all mine a couple days after upgrading to OS 5.0.0.411.

Thanks fatboy but I was finally able to find vvm using MS's method and remove it. Thank you very much.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Glad to hear you got it working. I rather like not having to call my voicemail in order to retrieve a message. Also, the fact that I don't have to listen to all the prompts to hear it is rather nice too. Google Voice's VVM is much better in that it gives you a transcription of the voicemail and the option to listen to it.
    How to upgrade your OS

yeah i like google voice also but only give that number to strangers so don't use it much. with t-mobile, all i need to do is hold 1 to get to the VM then push 7 to delete so it's what i'm used to and easy for me