Does anyone have references as to how to make web sites BlackBerry friendly? I've noticed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Question How do you make web sites BlackBarry friendly?

Advertisement

Does anyone have references as to how to make web sites BlackBerry friendly? I've noticed a few sites that seem to detect the BB environment and adapt. I've tried coding, with some success, some pages on one of my web sites to optimize them for the BB 8300 environment. But they look horrible on my desktop's LCD panels.

What would be nice is the ability to include some code that would make a page dual-purpose: normal media and BB, without having to maintain two containers of content.

Any ideas?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: How do you make web sites BlackBarry friendly?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not a clue. Been trying to figure out this for about two months. Hopefully someone else has an idea

webpro no está en línea Stack level 1

hmm,... what do you mean detect the BB environ? the brower ID? There are tons of general things to keep in mind when building mobile sites and web apps... things like keep page sizes small, keep images small, use gif progressive if possible, use summaries with a <more> detail button 2 keep pages small and tight.... ummmm not sure what your looking for.... do you mean writing java apps? LOL im a developer ><

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BlackBerry Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm more or less looking for s way like how you see everything on opera mini line up to screen width. My test page looks nothing like that. Where I have to scroll over from left to right then down to the left to read the next line. So I gave up and scrapped it because this was about 5 months ago and I didn't have pinstack. Lol

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

This program looks to be pretty cool and easy to make mobile versions:
    http://www.celladmin.com/Dynamic.asp?cid=6730

And this writeup looks like the manual way:
    http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/a...obile-friendly

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Outstanding, Ben. Just what I was looking for. Of course, I'd rather include 3 lines of code in my central CSS file and have all my problems solved on a 600+ page existing site, but I can see that is not likely to happen! Thanks!