In order to remain on UMA, I have to cascade my current NetGear Rangemax router ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wonvakyn no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I wirelessly cascade routers for 8320?

Advertisement

In order to remain on UMA, I have to cascade my current NetGear Rangemax router with my new T-Mobile D-link router. Would like to have the T-Mobile router wirelessly pick up signal from NetGear and then relay it to my part of my house, so that I can maintain a wifi connection on my Curve 8320. Any suggestions????

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: How do I wirelessly cascade routers for 8320?

Can't be done with the T-Mo router (unless you want to JTAG and the load an OPENWRT firmware such as DD-WRT that allows WDS or repeater support see DD-WRT wikipedia and forums for more info). As it is now the T-Mo will not allow this and I am not sure if the Netgear firmware will allow it out of the box or not (my D-Link, T-Mobile's Linksys, and Belkins did not, but the Buffalos did, yes I have too many routers). Now you could do it without modification if you were to use cascading through the LAN ports using CAT5, but wirelessly it can not be done. If you load WDS then you will get the ability to wirelessly connect and have it as an access point, thereby extending your network and increasing your range (i have this running at home flawlessly but not with the T-Mo routers ini the loop yet).

Sorry, I couldn't give you some better news, but hope this helps.