Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As a rule of thumb I always delete the vendor file when upgrading But to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec

Advertisement

As a rule of thumb I always delete the vendor file when upgrading
    But to make sure did you follow this part of the procedure and also did you actually download the 4.5 device software and the 4.5 desktop software they are two different things you have to install :
    If you are installing an OS from your carrier then you can skip this step, otherwise you must delete the "vendor.xml" file. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader on your PC/laptop, highlight and delete this file. You can also search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file and delete it that way.

6. Connect your device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7. Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. If you are not prompted to upgrade, there are a few likely scenarios:

You have not properly dowloaded and installed the device OS onto your PC/laptop.

You have not deleted the vendor.xml file.

You have another 4.x version of the OS on your computer that needs to be uninstalled through Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you're running Vista).
    Quote Originally Posted by xmissconnie View Post
    updated the blackberry desktop software to 4.5V! how do i update it to get it to record videos nwo!!? what do i press on the bb desktop software! i tried app. loader click update app.! but nothing comes up to my bb w/ a video record! i went to the bb website to dl the deskstop. i download (dl) the 4.5 w/ media manager... so yeah!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Schirripal; 07-08-2009 at 06:28 AM.

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    i come to realized that, if your phone starts to reboot continuously after a successful upgrade (from a different carrier), until you opened the media folder, its because you probably didnt delete the bbthumb.dat in each of the folders. (folders as : music, pictures, video, etc)

You have to show hidden files to see it. you dont necessary need to format the media card.

a little 2cent

xmissconnie no está en línea Stack level 2
    okay..

OKAY SO I WENT TO THE blackberry website and i typed in my pin number and they found my carrier att and now they give me a list of it to dl. but i arleady dl teh 4.5v shall i delete it then redl the cd.
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.152 (Multilanguage)

i am gonna dl that one! cause there is no english, its either that or eastasia

the 4.5v for the desktop but taht one is for the handheld software so shall i just leave my dekstop bb v4.5 or delte it and dl the cd taht came int eh box which was 4.2v

it says this :

Follow these easy steps to update your BlackBerry Device Software to the latest version:

1. Install new BlackBerry Desktop Software on your Windows® computer.
    2. Install new BlackBerry device software on your Windows computer.

so does that mean i should just keep my 4.5v deskstop manager and then just dl the handhelf software !?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, that would be fine, Connie.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    I agree with rogro. You'll be just fine with that until you get used to doing updates.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

THANKS YOU GUYS VERY MUCH !! . really appreciate it!! thank you guysssssssss very very much

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I have never thought about that with the media card before but it kind of makes sense that the old bb thumb file would be from the previous OS and might cause problems, and you can use search on your pc if you have alot of folders and want to delete them all in one go, then reboot and it will make new bbdat files.

I will have to try that on an 8gb card I had for my curve which was causing my bold to lock up, but i didnt want to lose everything on it, so it just sits in my pc card reader lol
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    ^^^ this is why I don't upgrade my OS!!! Too much stress! Lol! (Unless its major upgradage, then I'd prolly be like, Daaaaaaddd! Will u update this for me, pwwWweeeeeaaaassseee?!) Lol! good luck guys!
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ^^^ lol! You could do it Crackerstacker, you just gotta take your time and follow the instructions.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12