Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay so I currently have version 4.3 on my bb 8310 and want to upgrade ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xmissconnie no está en línea Stack level 2

Question How do I upgrade my version on the bb?

Advertisement

Okay so I currently have version 4.3 on my bb 8310 and want to upgrade to the version where you can record stuff. But I dont know which one to download on the blackberry website. Can someone help me find it on the blackberry website and gimme the link on here? thanks.

Also, When I connect my blackberry to the computer to put pictures on it! pictures wont go onto the blackberry. Can someone teach me how to put pictures,music,ringtones on my bb thanks!! you very much. I downloaded the cd that came in the box and I dont know how to download pictures onto the blackberry so yeah.. thanks..

thanks you very much!

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    First make sure you have 4.5 or newer desktop manager. Then go to this blog post to find latest OS for your BB. download and install both. Then go here to get complete instructions on how to install the new OS to your BB.

For transfering files to your BB's SD card either use the media manger in desktop manager or open windows explolrer and drag and drop the files to the sd card.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    im not at my pc at the moment but if no one has asweted this ill post eveything u need, ill be in front of my laptop in about 6 hrs.
    What carrier are u with
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

i do have an sd card! 4gb and i have att

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    No offense, jr, but I would direct Connie to the upgrade instructions in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature. It's a little more up to date than the one to which you refer.....

Cheers,
    Roger
    Last edited by RogerG; 07-06-2009 at 02:10 PM.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    If you really want to get through it quick and painless, Click here and follow the steps, 1. 2. 3 http://na.blackberry.com/eng/update/

Take out your memory card before starting.. (I did it with it in and had no problems, but might as well be safe)

This method will install via the browser and will download any and everything you need.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

^^^ Well yeah, but that'll only get you the .110 version, won't it?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Have to agree with Rogro on this one. If you just want your carriers latest update then the web updater is the way to go. If you want the latest official OS out from another carrier this is not an option.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    No offense, jr, but I would direct Connie to the upgrade instructions in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature. It's a little more up to date than the one to which you refer.....

Cheers,
    Roger
    thanks i'll update my shortcuts for this one

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Dont know which version, but all they wanted was the record video to work and an update to 4.3

Which i was there in their shoes with an 8310 and upgraded as above and I got all the 4.5 perks as well as video record.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

True, Rashard.....if you're a newbie, it's always best to go the safe route and use your carrier's current version, which would certainly come from the method you have described!

ill try to update it tmr

well like 2days ago, i dl 4.5 on the bb website. it updated my desktop manager but not my balckberry!! and i even tried the update app! BUT nothing new was added to it

updated the blackberry desktop software to 4.5V! how do i update it to get it to record videos nwo!!? what do i press on the bb desktop software! i tried app. loader click update app.! but nothing comes up to my bb w/ a video record! i went to the bb website to dl the deskstop. i download (dl) the 4.5 w/ media manager... so yeah!!

i will try removing the media card tmr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast