Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well I went to BB.com to upgrade... I went thru the steps.. says its avaiable... ... BlackBerry Curve forum

austinstout no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I upgrade my 8330 to 4.5

Advertisement

Well I went to BB.com to upgrade... I went thru the steps.. says its avaiable... blah blah... downloads a program and the runs it....after its done it says I am operating for the latest version.... thinkin sweet here 4.5 .... I look in " about" still 4.3.... Any help? how can i upgrade? Thanks alot man!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It may be that there is no 4.5 release available from your carrier yet. But you can install the OS from any carrier as long as it's meant for your device and you delete the vendor .xml file. Read through the instructions carefully.

Find a 4.5 for your device here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ll_models.html

upgrade instructions here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...support-76342/

Also please fill out your profile with device/os/carrier info so we can better assist you.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Just filled out all the info. You are really being alot of help man. Any thing I SHOULD NOT DO when I am about to attempt this?

Just read the instructions carefully, do a backup first, and the only "do not" is DO NOT disturb your BB while it is in the upgrade process. It can take a while. It may say connecting to device for 20-30 minutes or longer and look like nothing's happening, but it is, just let it do it's thing, don't push buttons and don't disconnect it from the computer or bump/dislodge/disconnect the usb until the process is complete.
    Twitter? My Apps List

ok last question... My carrier doesnt have it so i used the link you gave me to find the DL. In the instructions link there is also a link to find the os dl " says its the best" but it only has the bb curve 8300 link not one for 8330.... the link u gave me i clicked us cellular and found it for the 8330.... does it matter witch i use?

Follow this link and get the one for Bell Mobility, it's actually a higher version than the Cellular South one

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ll_models.html
    Twitter? My Apps List

Thanks for the help! I would have figured it out w/o ya. So after I DL the program Install it? And then I find the file and delete it.... open Desktop Manager and it will show I have an update?

Nice... I wrote u a reply on the other on b4 i got this....

"
    Thanks for the help! I would have figured it out w/o ya. So after I DL the program Install it? And then I find the file and delete it.... open Desktop Manager and it will show I have an update?"

haha, found it and moved it

In regards to your question, yes once you download and run/install the new 4.5 handheld device software to your computer and delete the vendor .xml file, the DM should notice the upgrade
    Twitter? My Apps List

Ok now I am going thru all this.... what doors am i opening to have v4.5

love this place!

Now I got the lil message icon sayin i have 2new something is there is nothing?
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 10-27-2008 at 07:41 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by austinstout View Post
    Now I got the lil message icon sayin i have 2new something is there is nothing?
    try to unhide your icons and make sure you dont have an email fokder or something hidden.

I'm mobile right now but as you can see, others will jump in and help. Also you need to be more specific about your"something" my psychic powers aren't working this morning lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dino422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    Any real diff between cell south and bell mobility updates? I have cell south and the version/platform nubers seem the same.

Thank's

Dino

Quote Originally Posted by dino422 View Post
    Any real diff between cell south and bell mobility updates? I have cell south and the version/platform nubers seem the same.

Thank's

Dino
    Right now the download link for Cellular south has 4.5.0.66 so maybe they pulled .77
    Twitter? My Apps List

aejohnson04 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask =)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Right now the download link for Cellular south has 4.5.0.66 so maybe they pulled .77

Hey azstar.. Once again thank you for helping me upgrade my 8130 whenever I had it! Now I have the 8310. Thanks to you =) I upgraded to 4.5 myself.. but.. I have 4.5.0.77... Any theme that I have has the same font on the message screen and the time. I did not delete the vendor file out because I have Cellular South and downloaded the cellular south one.... Should I go ahead and downgrade to 4.5.0.66 and delete the file? Or should I just leave everything alone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast