I installed Opera and didn't like it. Now it has become my default browser. When ... BlackBerry Curve forum

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Question How do I uninstall Opera?

Advertisement

I installed Opera and didn't like it. Now it has become my default browser. When I press the button on the left, I get an Opera screen. When I go to

Setting > Options > Screen/Keyboard > Left Side Convenience Key Opens:

... it specifies "Browser" ... but there does not appear a way to change which browser it opens.

So, bottom line,

(1) I want to uninstall Opera ... I know that some like it, but I don't and it is taking up memory

(2) I want to change my default back to the one that comes with the 8300.

Thanks !!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: How do I uninstall Opera?

In your options, then advanced options, applications, you should see the program for opera, hit menu and delete. As far as changing the browser back hit menu, options, advanced options and browser. Set default browser config to internet browser. then launch the BB browser and press menu, options, general properties make sure default browser is internet browser. then press back and go to browser config and make sure browser is set to internet browser there too.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

It may be a tad different then my instructs ( as i have an 8100) but generally will be close to this.

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

Did you download the new Vodaphone OS?

I just decided to get rid of Opera mini too. The new Vodaphone OS has been running so much faster than the old AT&T one. I just unchecked Opera on my DM while I loaded some changes that I made to the new OS . . . unlocking themes, getting rid of preloaded media, ptt, etc.