upgrade to .133? some people got through it in 5 to 7 minutes but i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kenlundy17 no está en línea Stack level 1

how do i

Advertisement

upgrade to .133? some people got through it in 5 to 7 minutes but i get stuck either on desktop manager which tells me it cant do it or through running the software which just gets stuck.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think anyone gets through it that quickly, Ken. It should take at least 25-30 minutes and sometimes an hour. Here are some instructions for upgrading - assume you have the OS.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    JB is right. When I upgraded the OS's on my Curves, the re-initialization alone took almost 30 minutes. ~via 9000~

Ken,

Make sure that you install the OS on your p-c and, if it's not from your carrier, delete the vendor file before you start the install to your device. Then just sit back, follow instructions and DO NOT disconnect for ANY reason until it tells you that it's successfully completed.

Post back if you have problems.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ok thanx for helping me. but i followed the instructions word for word. deleted vendor.xml and when i get to the step of the desktop manager recognizing and upgrading my bb, it lists the update but goes on to say "no software update is required for your device."

desktop manager 4.7 by the way.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    OK, try this, instead of using the DM, do to C:\Program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click on Loader(has an icon that looks like a BB) then try the update from there
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If what azstar suggest doesn't work. I would suggest uninstalling 4.7 and going to 4.6. 4.7 has been known to cause issues when trying to upgrade. If you do uninstall DM you will more than likely need to reinstall the OS to your PC as well.

i'd like to thank you guys a lot! all 4 of you. disconnecting the internet did the trick. once again thank you for you time and help.

Quote Originally Posted by kenlundy17 View Post
    i'd like to thank you guys a lot! all 4 of you. disconnecting the internet did the trick. once again thank you for you time and help.
    I'm guess you mean Azstar's suggestion, Ken. Anyway, glad you got it.

As Cowboy indicated, if you have (more) trouble using DM 4.7, you might go back to 4.6 - I'd recommend it too. DM 4.7 has caused too many issues with users. It's a little extra trouble but I think it'd be worth in in the long run. I use 4.6 and it's not given me any problems at all. It'll also require re-installing the Blackberry OS to your p-c so maybe don't do it unless you have trouble with it. Just be aware of it.