HI everyone I am fairly new to Blackberry and still trying to figure everything out. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

stellargirl9 no está en línea Stack level 1

how do I file email messages? (no option showing)

Advertisement

HI everyone I am fairly new to Blackberry and still trying to figure everything out. In my messages help menu there is an option to hide both sent and file messages. BUT when I go to my messages and menu there is no option to "file" messages. I have messages I would like to file so I can keep them but hide them. Also I have an option to "save" messages and would like to know if there is anyway to hide those? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Re: how do I file email messages? (no option showing)

Stellargirl, if you click the menu key inside your inbox (not inside the message) there is a menu option to "save" email. Just make sure the message you want to save is highlighted before hitting the menu key. THey will automatically be saved in your "Saved" messages folder. Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    Stellargirl, if you click the menu key inside your inbox (not inside the message) there is a menu option to "save" email. Just make sure the message you want to save is highlighted before hitting the menu key. THey will automatically be saved in your "Saved" messages folder. Hope it helps!
    thanks. yes I am able to do that and have. The problem is all my saved messages stay in my inbox. Then if I click on view saved messages, it just shows all the same saved messages. I would like to be able to hide the saved messages from view unless I click view.
    Last edited by stellargirl9; 12-10-2007 at 09:33 AM.

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2

BIS doesnt offer filing of messages.
    I believe BIS 1.8 did at one time but not anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by taimur View Post
    BIS doesnt offer filing of messages.
    I believe BIS 1.8 did at one time but not anymore.....
    eek! that sucks! Thats such a basic feature, why on earth would they not offer it?

PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Well, on my menu you can click and right under "Open" there is "File". I am using BES though, so not sure if that option is on the BIS. Once I file, it will be hidden.

Well, on my menu you can click and right under "Open" there is "File". I am using BES though, so not sure if that option is on the BIS. Once I file, it will be hidden.
    I am starting to believe its only a BES feature for some strange reason.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I don't exactly remember if it did it automatically, it is within the theme I am using (which I doubt is the case as it was the same on my Pearl and I used a different theme), or I set it up by creating a new folder, but all of my saved e-mails go into my saved folder and no longer show in my main folder, but if I aceess the saved folder all of the saved e-mails are there. I wish I could remember if I did anything out of the ordinary, but I have it working the way in which I think you want it to work also and I am on BIS (wish I had BES, but alas it is not so). Did you try saving the e-mail and thehn see where it goes. Under options/general options I have hide filed marked to yes (this may be what is causing mine to behave the way it does)??

PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Yeah there are definitely some advatages of being on BES, however, it has its disadvantages as well. Plus side, instant corporate email push, calendar and contact sync automatically when you enter either into your handheld.... Disadvantages - no third part apps or theme installation due to administrative setting inside the IT department of your company.... all in all I still like BES better.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Yeah there are definitely some advatages of being on BES, however, it has its disadvantages as well. Plus side, instant corporate email push, calendar and contact sync automatically when you enter either into your handheld.... Disadvantages - no third part apps or theme installation due to administrative setting inside the IT department of your company.... all in all I still like BES better.
    This only applies when you are on corporate BES. I am getting together the elements to run my own BES (RIM allows you to download the small edition and gives one free liscense with it), then the negatives are gone and I see no downside (other than the extra maintenance required on my side) and maintaininga 24Hr uptime server (which I do already).

PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Thats pretty sweet, didn't know you could do that.

Sorry Stellargirl for getting off topic.