On our work plan, text messaging (sms and mms)are not covered. Also if you don't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

moab_b2 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do you disable auto open on sms or mms?

Advertisement

On our work plan, text messaging (sms and mms)are not covered. Also if you don't open the text it doesn't charge me. When I take my BB out of the holder is auto-opens it if they come in. Where can I find the auto open feature to disable it? Any help would be great.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    It wont auto open if the icon is not selected

Thats the thing. I do not use the text at all or ever have it selected before its put in the holder. It automatically goes to it when I get one and take it out of the holder... Thats what I want to disable.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    It has nothing to do with what is selected. You have a general folder called Messages. If you get a message, you will be alerted, if you pul it out of the holster, it will open the Message folder and display the most current message.

You can do a few things. Set the alert to none for all SMS and MMS messages. This way, when a message comes in, you will not be alerted and you will not pull it out of your holster.

The other option is to wait a few minutes after the alert. This way, it will not automatically open the message.

I don't know what carrier you are with, if you receive a SMS, you will be charged. It has already been received, it makes no difference if you open it or not.

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    I don't entirely understand the situation but it sound likes you could simply separate your sms and messages folder so it doesn't do this. I don't use a holster so I can't relate to this issue..
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    When you use the magnetic holster, any message received within 15-30 seconds or so prior to you removing the BB from the holster will auto open. No way I know of to disable this......setting sms to silent so you don't jump to answer it is a good idea, or even try setting a very distinct ringtone to sms to ensure you know what it is and wait before unholstering.

And the charge for sms varies by carrier. Before I got a text plan Alltel never charged me for messages I didn't open. I used to occasionally get spam sms in spanish a few times per month and never opened them and was never charged.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

so far AT&T doesnt charge if its not opened. I will try the profile changes and see if that stops the auto-open. Thsnks all

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by moab_b2 View Post
    so far AT&T doesnt charge if its not opened. I will try the profile changes and see if that stops the auto-open. Thsnks all
    I have AT&T, and that statement is incorrect. If you have a Text Plan, than you are not charged a per text rate. If you don't have a Text plan you will be charged for Incoming and Outgoing Text, Whether you open it or not.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    That is what I thought

If the message was received, you get charged, otherwise, you can just turn off the radio, open the text message, read it and then delete it. Turn your radio back on and your carrier would have no idea that you opened and read the text message.