I can't seem to figure this out and it's driving me buggy! S O S ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3

How to: Copy contacts from Address book to SIM card?

Advertisement

I can't seem to figure this out and it's driving me buggy!

S O S

Thanks

Mario8320 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can't do it. I spoke to a tmo rep and they said it can't be done in the BB. The only thing you can do is use the desktop manager program, backup all the files and then restore them to another BB. If you end up getting a completely different phone then you will have to just write down the new contacts and then put them in the new phone.

A little trick is to use an older phone that does allow you to save the contacts in the sim card and then put the sim card back in the BB. All the new contacts you add with the BB will only go to the phone memory, anything you saved in the sim card prior to using the BB will stay in the sim card.

It sucks, I know.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    It can be done, but only one number per contact can be copied over to the Sim. Go to the contact in your address book, then hit enter to view their detail, then go to the phone number which you want to be copied. (You have to be on the number you want to copy in order to get the next option) Once there, hit the menu button, scroll to the top it says: copy to SIM Phone Book, hit menu button again and save.

To check it was copied, go back to your address book, hit menu then SIM Phone Book.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 06-04-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Mario8320 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tfrankson View Post
    It can be done, but only one number per contact can be copied over to the Sim. Go to the contact in your address book, then hit enter to view their detail, then go to the phone number which you want to be copied. (You have to be on the number you want to copy in order to get the next option) Once there, hit the menu button, scroll to the top it says: copy to SIM Phone Book, hit menu button again and save.

To check it was copied, go back to your address boo, hit menu then SIM Phone Book.
    Nice, at least you know more than most people I spoke with from tmo , lol. I'll go ahead and try it now.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Ok let me know if it works!

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario8320 View Post
    Nice, at least you know more than most people I spoke with from tmo , lol. I'll go ahead and try it now.
    and you have to do it 1by1 only name and phone number

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    and you have to do it 1by1 only name and phone number

Oh man that REALLY sucks! I have like over 100 contacts!

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think if you have already added the more info to your contact like email and .....it won't even give you an option to copy to sim. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    You can pretty much only save NUMBERS to the SIM card. 100 contacts is nothing.. you should be done in less than half an hour.

Also, the SIM card can only hold 250 numbers.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just sync my BlackBerry with my desktop, move the SIM card to another BlackBerry and sync this one with my desktop again. Works really great