Ok i have great signal at work i get calls and sms just fine. when ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vietalogy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2433c92a

How come i dont have data when i have full bars at work?

Ok i have great signal at work i get calls and sms just fine. when i try to login jivetalk or use blackberry browser it will not load. After work i start driving down the street i try the blackberry browser and it loads a page just fine. so what the **** is wrong with my blackberry? Ive called att 3 times i wiped my curve 2 times including 3rd party apps, rep also has resent my service books and still no data at work. If i cant get this curve to work im going have to sell it because the only reason i got the blackberry is because i cant get dsl at that location and the blackberry will keep me busy while its slow at work.

twitcheffect no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C26AD
    Do you have EDGE at work or gprs or worse case GSM for your signal cause I had this problem with my pearl if I traveled. I had to have them check for data outage and then resend my service book like 5 times to get it to work right (they were rally hookie about it all though ... But if you have GSM coverage sorry no data

PIN/ID
    2433c92a
    i get EDGE and my curve works just fine at home. I also put my sim into a co workers v9 and i tested data on that and it worked fine. This is really pissing me off.

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    it could be just a data outage at the time. who is your provider?

PIN/ID
    2433c92a
    dont think its an outage because when i leave work and down the street i can view sites with the browser. i have service with att.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    It sounds to me like there is a specific tower at work that has a data connection problem. Are you sure the when you can't get data, you have EDGE/GPRS and not edge/gprs/GSM? And when you leave work it finds a tower with EDGE.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

brandnewsimmy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem I have good service and can send/receive calls and texts no problem but when it comes to data such as MMS, emails, BB Messenger, and both the BB browser and Opera Mini it is spotty at best. My phone shows EDGE and if I go out back at work it works just fine. I just thought maybe I was in like a dead spot or something I haven't been able to figure it out. Its strange because sometimes it just works fine and others I cannot get it to work at all. I have an 8310 on T-Mobile if that matters...

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you know it could also be possible that his employer is running a local wireless network and that it might be interfering with his edge. Sometimes a wap can interfere with cellular service I have actually experienced this problem before

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    It sounds to me like there is a specific tower at work that has a data connection problem. Are you sure the when you can't get data, you have EDGE/GPRS and not edge/gprs/GSM? And when you leave work it finds a tower with EDGE.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree! I have tmo and had the same problem...from experience I knew it was a tower...after lots of troubleshooting, I convinced them, got a trouble ticket and a week later they fixed it. Fortunately I have a 8320, so I used WiFi while the tower wasn't working.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    It sounds like the local tower for sure, call TMO and give them the work address and they can file a Service request and check that tower.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Tower. As soon as you head down the road and hand off to the next tower you are fine...