I have a resume typed up on my computer under a wordpad document. Is there ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3

how can i get a notepad document to my phone from my pc?

Advertisement

I have a resume typed up on my computer under a wordpad document. Is there any way I can get it on my phone. Also I wanna be able to email it to other ppl. Like when I'm emailing someone to look for a job. I have a 4gb memory card is that helps
    Blackberry curve 8310 and lovin' it

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    I saw that your profile says you are running OS 4.5 on your berry. You should have a set of programs called Docs to Go. In this suite, is a pseudo-Microsoft Word program that will allow you to edit, (but not create) documents on your berry.

I would open your wordpad document on your computer...copy and paste it into Microsoft Word if you have it...then either plug your berry into your computer and drag-n-drop it over to your memory card, (mass media storage mode must be enabled for the memory card to appear under 'my computer'...or just attach it to an email and send that to the email address you have linked to your berry. Then you could download the attachment, saving it to your memory card.

Just make sure you save the Word document as .doc not .docx. Docs to go on the berry is not compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 (the .docx filetypes).

If you dont have Microsoft Word, trying to open the wordpad document in the same manner might also work....I haven't attempted it myself though. With the document stored on your card you could either edit it with Docs to Go or attach it to an email to send. Let me know if that wasn't clear enough...

kevinrea no está en línea Stack level 2
    just copy it on your pc, and then paste it into an email to your blackberry device.

kevin
    Southern California Real Estate:
    http://www.TheKevinReaGroup.com

Need a website built ?
    http://www.RealEstateWebSiteForLess.com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeerock View Post
    Just make sure you save the Word document as .doc not .docx. Docs to go on the berry is not compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 (the .docx filetypes).

Actually Docs To Go is compatable with .docx files, I just opened, edited, and saved one on my 8330 berry and yes I do have the standard edition of Docs To Go, not premium...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't have the internet on my home pc or I would have emailed it to my email already~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you have a media card, you can save it onto the media card. There is also a program called bb notepad for your berry that will open any text file including wordpad so long as it is saved as a text document. Let me see if I can find you the link that will give you more info on downloading it to your berry. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think this is the link for bb notepad. Let me know if this works.

http://www.coolove.pcriot.com/bbnote.../BBNotePad.jad

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Actually Docs To Go is compatable with .docx files, I just opened, edited, and saved one on my 8330 berry and yes I do have the standard edition of Docs To Go, not premium...
    Ill be damned! Thanks for pointing this out azstar! I would have just gone on assuming it didn't work! Lol