Hello, I just upgraded to the 8330 about a month ago from the 7250. Recently ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2

hourglass problems, esp. w/ diff background

Advertisement

Hello,

I just upgraded to the 8330 about a month ago from the 7250. Recently however, when I changed my background picture to the blue picture (frost.png), my hourglass has been coming up. I changed it back and took out the battery to reset it, but it's still coming up. Should I go to Verizon? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rob

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Check your free memopry level, you can do that by going to Options>Status, you should keep the FREE TOTAL above 10mb at a minimum, if it drops below you will start to get some lag. Also check what backround programs that you have running and close out any that you don't need. You can do that by Hitting and holding your ALT and then hitting your BACK key.

If problem persists you may need to remove any unwanted programs to free up valuable memory.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks a lot. I think the main problem had to do with running too many programs in the background, not the picture that I had originally thought. My memory is 25520698 Bytes so it must have been that. Thanks again.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    as a heads up. you can also see which applications are running by hitting the BB button at the homescreen and then hitting switch application. this brings up the list of apps.

I read somewhere that the alt+back key was resulting in the memory leak. It was something from RIM which stated that if that combo was used to switch applications to many times (25 seems to ring a bell for me) then a drastic memory leak problem would arise.
    I feel like this was probably an issue with either a Beta, or an older OS and is most likely fixed with the stable or latest no Beta OS.
    But just incase i avoid the alt+back combo.