Hey stackers, The past few days my Curve has been acting up. I have been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ZWood15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24357A1B

hourglass issue

Advertisement

Hey stackers,
    The past few days my Curve has been acting up. I have been getting a never ending hour glass on my home screen and there is a huge delay in both typing and navigating around the application screen. A battery pull remedys the situation, but I'd like to figure out the root cause. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    -Z

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Sounds like you might have a memory leak...or low memory. Install any new 3rd party applications lately? Try deleting any unwanted messages, call logs, etc.? Then pull battery. (30secs.)

In the future, try closing apps instead of backing out of them w/escape key...you could be leaving too many apps open. You can check this by holding alt then escape...you should only have about 5 apps open bbmess, home screen, call log, mess, browser.
    Last edited by Jbee; 07-10-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: added info

Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2
    I found this from another user which might help:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansnov1086 View Post
    Guys, sounds like a memory leak problem. The Curve I have had given me some major headaches until I finally figured out the problem. If you go to options > Status and look at your free files, it should be a multi digit number. You'll run into those hour glass problems when that free file number goes down. I found out the hard way when I took a bunch of pictures in Cooperstown and saved them all on the device, had no memory card at the time. The next few days I had an hourglass that would not go away. I finally learned from reading a few forums that it's a memory problem, I went in and looked at my free files and It was ZERO. Not good. Moved all my photos over to memory card and problem was solved. One thing you can do to prevent this is to delete prior messages, I do that almost nightly. When You can see yesterdays messages under yesterdays date in your message list, thats when I do it. I also went in and deleted apps I don't use. Such as Google talk and Yahoo Messenger. Hope this helps!

ZWood15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24357A1B
    Thank you! I had my phone set to save messages for 2 months and once I deleted them and did a battery pull, all is well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~