PIN/ID
    31A303F8

Advertisement

Lol.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJayDeeOne View Post
    okay I deleted googlemaps 1st, and it rebooted. Weatherbug is flashing red, for flood alerts in the area. I clicked on that. And now weatherbug is normal. And the glpurglass left. Is that normal?

was it weatherbug with an alert?

Also I noticed the red light had been flashing during this. I didn't take note of it really as I have been messaging peiople on BBM, and now with no messages I saw the redlight going and again once I clicked the weatherbug icon it stopped as well.
    Well I've never used weatherbug and I'm not familiar with it. But as long as your issue seems to be solved, awesome!

MrJayDeeOne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A303F8
    thanks for your help.

MooseBerry no está en línea Stack level 2
    A hard reset is when you wipe your BB and restore it back to new condition. First thing you need to do is back up your device, you won't back up the problem, then go to 'options' and 'security' and click the menu button and choose 'wipe handheld'(include third party apps). While it's wiping, go to your carrier's website or get the latest software here for the 8330, I believe it's still Sprint's. If you use a different one then the one from your company, which is fine, you have to delete 'vendor xml'. After the wipe completes, attach your BB to your computer, let it sync, let it upgrade to the newer software and then 'restore' your info. After that, you can reinstall whatever third-party apps you'd like. FYI, Google Maps hasn't been known to cause problems, but sometimes when installing new software, these BB's get a little buggy. It happens. I hope this helps.

PIN/ID
    31A303F8
    just an update. I reloaded googlemaps and still have weatherbug and my BB is still behaving properly.
    Just gotta wait for another weather alert to see if the BB starts acting like it did last night
    thanks for everyones help

Quote Originally Posted by MrJayDeeOne View Post
    thanks for everyones help
    You're very welcome. Good luck.

PIN/ID
    31A303F8
    just to add to this. Was having same issues yesterday, and low-en-behold there was a weather bug alert, I clicked it and then BB was normal.

E-D
    E-D no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    323707C8
    yea, my weather bug would do the samething...I just deleted it all together. My problem solved. lol
    Pin:323707C8

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    my husband has the same problem. I am going to suggest he gets rid of all old email/sms he only has Bank of America on his bb, everything else is out of the box. he has had this problem before and after installing 4.5 so i know thats not the issue, but he does keep every single solitary email/sms/mssgr convo..

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Just a little correction. MooseBerry. A hard reset is when you pull the battery. Its not a hand held wipe.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    so we took it to the store and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it. it still happens, we left it on 4.3 (even though im sure 4.5 wasnt the problem it was doing it before 4.5) in addition to this problem it wont charge correctly. meaning when you plug it into the charger it wont show charging. pull the battery and go to status and it shows that its gone up x%. like yesterday it was at 65% plugged it into a wall charger, didnt show it was charged. left it there a few mins.. after about 20 still didnt show charged. status stayed at 60% battery pull popped up at 90% but this is sporadic which is why they cant find the issue at the store. next time it happens im gonna video tape it with my berry and take both to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Just a little correction. MooseBerry. A hard reset is when you pull the battery. Its not a hand held wipe.
    I always thought that too, but in dealing with the tech, he refered to the wipe as a hard reset, I believe a battery pull is a soft reset.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I see
    Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I see
    Thanks for the tip
    You're very welcome!
    My BB History: 7510>7520>7100>7100t>7130c>8700c>8100>8300>8310>81 30>8330>9530>9630

sin3ity no está en línea Stack level 2
    how can u tell what is running in the background?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast