Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

pretty much since earlier this afternoon on my 8330 I have had the hourglass flash ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MrJayDeeOne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A303F8

hourglass comes and goes pretty frequently

Advertisement

pretty much since earlier this afternoon on my 8330 I have had the hourglass flash on my screen and then go away.
    I have done a battery pull a few times and that hasn't helped.
    anyother ideas?

thanks in advance

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Yeah, get off of CDMA!!! No I'm joking...

Check your memory. (Options>Status)

I've had simliar problems before due to memory, not saying that's the problem, but this is the issue I've come across that helped me out. If your internal memory is low to nothing, increase it.

1. Delete SMS/MMS that you don't need. Delete call logs you don't need. In SMS/MMS menu press P, (atleast that's what it is on my Pearl) and delete your call message logs. Make sure you're clearing your browser cache about once a week (or more depending on your usage). Clear out IM conversations you don't need.

or

2. Get rid of third party apps you don't use. Delete themes you aren't currently using and just back up the alx. on your computer for future use.

Depending on what more important, your communication logs or applications/themes, start with what least important first.

Again I'm not saying this is the main problem because it could be one of many things, but this has helped me before and it works for me. Hopefully it works for you or atleast helps speed up your berry some
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    31A303F8
    this is how much free memory I have 32153422 bytes so I am safe with that I believe
    sms and mms I have right now is minimal
    whats alx?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Alx is a file type for applications. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    Alx is a file type for applications. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Dude you beat me to it! I save the .alx files from themes I don't use onto my PC then when I get bored of whatever I'm using, will switch using desktop manager

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJayDeeOne View Post
    this is how much free memory I have 32153422 bytes so I am safe with that I believe
    sms and mms I have right now is minimal
    whats alx?
    How many apps are running in your backround?

Are you on OS 4.2.1 or 4.2.2?

MooseBerry no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem, it lasted for several days with me trying everything. Finally I called VZW tech support and was told it's being caused by a third-party app. I had to back up my BB and then do a hard reset, which sucks, but it did the trick-no more intermittant hour glass. Try it.
    My BB History: 7510>7520>7100>7100t>7130c>8700c>8100>8300>8310>81 30>8330>9530>9630

PIN/ID
    31A303F8
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    How many apps are running in your backround?

Are you on OS 4.2.1 or 4.2.2?
    I have 5 apps in background, the default 5
    v4.3.0.127 (came with bb)

Quote Originally Posted by MooseBerry View Post
    I had the same problem, it lasted for several days with me trying everything. Finally I called VZW tech support and was told it's being caused by a third-party app. I had to back up my BB and then do a hard reset, which sucks, but it did the trick-no more intermittant hour glass. Try it.
    I have recently downloaded. Google maps and weatherbug, but those I got last week and the BB was cool up until today. What is a hard reset? Also I have never backed up my BB before, will the issue get saved into the back up?

As far as themes. All I have are the stock ones. I had a bunch, and maybe it was a coincidence, but after downloading Vlingo, all but the stock themes stopped working. They were no longer in the theme list, they were just in the applications list, and I tried to download new themes and they all went to the same place, so I deleted them all. I also deleted Vlingo, and tried to download the themes again and no luck there either.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well all the default questions are taken care of. I forgot the cdma pearl and curve 2 featured the first release of 4.3, so dumb question. You might have a bad app like Mooseberry said. If battery pulls aren't working after deleting the app you thought might be the cause, a hard wipe might have to be done. Wait it out another 24 hours and see if someone else has another suggestion. A hard wipe should always be a last resort.

PIN/ID
    31A303F8
    Justyn, so should I delete recently downloaded apps and see if that fixes the issue?

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive never known apps to cause disappearing themes. So unless you downloaded themes for 4.5 only they should end up still in your theme list. But yeah, any app you've downloaded before the everlasting hourglass appeared, try deleting it. After reboot or do a batterry pull.

PIN/ID
    31A303F8
    I had asked around about the issue with themes after downloading Vlingo and no one had an idea. I am going to delete googlemaps and weastherbug and see what happens as those are the most recent that I downloaded

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you know with the exception of sometimes slows loading of maps, Google Maps has never given me a problems

PIN/ID
    31A303F8
    okay I deleted googlemaps 1st, and it rebooted. Weatherbug is flashing red, for flood alerts in the area. I clicked on that. And now weatherbug is normal. And the hourglass left. Is that normal?

was it weatherbug with an alert?

Also I noticed the red light had been flashing during this. I didn't take note of it really as I have been messaging peiople on BBM, and now with no messages I saw the redlight going and again once I clicked the weatherbug icon it stopped as well.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sounds like your weather has a bug lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast