hello has anyone successfully bean able to get hotmail to work on bb? I googled ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tmartel no está en línea Stack level 2

Hotmail on bb

Advertisement

hello has anyone successfully bean able to get hotmail to work on bb? I googled it and found articles saying that it is avaibe for free. is that correct? thanks

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I am only aware of Hotmail working on the BB if you subscribe and pay for the Hotmail Plus edition.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

tmartel no está en línea Stack level 2
    i read an article this morning stating that windows live hotmail is going to be intalled coming on bb for now on.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yes, but there is no precise launch date for this and with what carriers or when. It could be next week or months from now.

As of no wit only works with the plus paid version.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    so bottom line is, no you cant get it to work, unless you pay. Best thing is what i have done is to forward emails from hotmail to yahoo account and reply from yahoo, and after a few months just completly abandon it.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

sssmars no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm new to this forum and most of the time I just come here to see what new themes there are but I have tried my hotmail account with my Blackberry 8330 through Alltel and I had no problem with it working. I didn't change anything or do anything special and it worked good. Usually got an email within 5 mins sent. I took it off my Blackberry cause there was to much junk mail coming through so I got my self a gmail account. I've heard of blackberry users not being able to get hotmail but for some reason it worked for me and I am NOT paying for the hotmail plus. This is my first post so you are more then willing to disagree with me and if you'd like I can put it back in my phone and take a pic of it for yous.

Thanks,
    sssmars

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    when have you gotten your hotmail account? If its as far as few years back, they have offered pop 3 access to hotmail for free, as far as i remeber, they have kept it for the old accounts
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

sssmars no está en línea Stack level 1

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8862/bbscreenadministrator2op0.jpg

I've had my email for the past 6 years. I have attached a screen shot of a message received using my hotmail account. I rarely use this account since I get nothing but junk mail and my BB doesn't stop vibrating since I get a new message ever minute. All I did to add my account is logged in on my service providers blackberry account and added new email address. Typed in my email and password and that was it. I started receiving messages within 5 mins.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    yea hotmail works on my bb but i have had this account for prolly 6 yrs atleast
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

mikehage no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    yes you can get free hotmail to work on your bb, i also have mine set up through the bis and it works fine but it usually only works if you've had the email for awhile so the hotmail account was created a couple years ago. Also i know that the older versions of the bis would allow hotmail to be set up and therefore when the bis was updated the hotmail stayed on thet account but the upgrade was not allowing some hotmail accounts to be set up