I was just playing around with my new 8900 and found some shortcuts. Hold down ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3

Home Screen Shortcut Keys.

Advertisement

I was just playing around with my new 8900 and found some shortcuts. Hold down the A key to lock the keys. Hold down the Q key to switch from current profile to silent and back.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    So those keys are no longer speed dial?

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjj View Post
    I was just playing around with my new 8900 and found some shortcuts. Hold down the A key to lock the keys. Hold down the Q key to switch from current profile to silent and back.
    That's correct.. on most BlackBerry models (QWERTY and SureType alike; though there are exceptions) the "*" key if held will lock the keys and the "#" will alternate between silent and previous profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    So those keys are no longer speed dial?
    On the QWERTY model BB's the "*" and "#" keys are located differently to SureType. On the SureType, the "Q" and "A" keys can be used as speed dial keys; Not so on the QWERTY (I found that it took a bit of getting used to going from from my 8100 Pearl to my 9000 Bold). Though you do get a stack more speed dial keys on the QWERTY (13 on SureType compared to 25 on QWERTY).

(Check out this thread for a list of shortcuts from the home screen; need to turn off dial from home screen - described in the thread).
    Last edited by mikedoan; 02-06-2009 at 01:11 AM.
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedoan View Post
    That's correct.. on most BlackBerry models (QWERTY and SureType alike; though there are exceptions) the "*" key if held will lock the keys and the "#" will alternate between silent and previous profile.

On the QWERTY model BB's the "*" and "#" keys are located differently to SureType. On the SureType, the "Q" and "A" keys can be used as speed dial keys; Not so on the QWERTY (I found that it took a bit of getting used to going from from my 8100 Pearl to my 9000 Bold). Though you do get a stack more speed dial keys on the QWERTY (13 on SureType compared to 25 on QWERTY).

(Check out this thread for a list of shortcuts from the home screen; need to turn off dial from home screen - described in the thread).
    I have a 8320 and they are for speed dial. If I hold either of them down, it ask if I would like to assign a number to speed dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    I have a 8320 and they are for speed dial. If I hold either of them down, it ask if I would like to assign a number to speed dial.
    It Didn't work with my curve 8320 either. That's why I got excited when I found It works on the 8900.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoan View Post

Dial from home screen does not need to be set to NO
    Last edited by jonesjj; 02-06-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesjj View Post
    Dial from home screen does not need to be set to NO
    Depends on which thing your talking about...

. QWERTY one touch application launching... turn off dial from homescreen...

. Hold the * key to lock keys, NO
    . Hold the # key to change profiles, NO

It just sounded like the poster was a little new, and so I was offering a little information.. (my bad?)
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Is there a way to delete the factory set buttons.... ie "A" for lock system, "Q" for Change profile to loud/vibrate etc. I only use a few of the speed dials, and its just my luck that the ones i would like to use are factory set and seem as though can't be deleted. Thanks for the help in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyj62 View Post
    Is there a way to delete the factory set buttons.... ie "A" for lock system, "Q" for Change profile to loud/vibrate etc. I only use a few of the speed dials, and its just my luck that the ones i would like to use are factory set and seem as though can't be deleted. Thanks for the help in advanced.
    The short answer to your question is "no"... unfortunately...
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4