Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by peguero There are a few job environments that a camera could be ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrdurant no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    215A9140

Re: Hide Camera

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    There are a few job environments that a camera could be seen as a violation of privacy and/or cause security concerns- such as working in a court house/law firm, working for any of the major financial services (banks, hedgefunds, stock trader, etc), hospitals the list goes on and on.

Which seems kind of crazy doesn't it since the device can connect to a computer as a mass storage device.

johnck78 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C9CC5

Quote Originally Posted by mrdurant View Post
    Which seems kind of crazy doesn't it since the device can connect to a computer as a mass storage device.
    Many places, including us, are currently implementing USB policies that prohibit this from happening.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by johnck78 View Post
    Many places, including us, are currently implementing USB policies that prohibit this from happening.

USB access controls, software access controls, data access controls- there are even some biz environments going back to a terminal/mainframe type set up where you have no direct access to hard drive or any communication port.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

dncrishon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Thanks, everyone! I'm going to try to just flip the skin around at first and see how that goes. I'll let you guys know.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Just hope you don't find a competent Security guard or manager that knows the Curve has a camera and gets upset that you are trying to get around the company security. Your future carrier is more important than the convenience of carrying it into work. Trying to explain to a potential employer why you were discharged for violating company security is really embarrassing and usually futile.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

SLVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    G PONG!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It is a shame we have to be so worried about cameras at work. I had to get my Curve on my own since my work won't get cameras because of our customers and the work we do. Thankfully the environment o am in they don't check. Be dumb to take pictures of our stuff anyway since it can always be traced! Someone over at crackberry.com is trying to convince Seido to produce a run of their Curve battery doors (that they sell with their case) without the camera cut outs. I am really hoping they do this as it would be helpful for many of us. Though as stated a competent security guard could still bust you. Thankfully most are not!

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by SLVR6 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Someone over at crackberry.com is trying to convince Seido to produce a run of their Curve battery doors (that they sell with their case) without the camera cut outs. I am really hoping they do this as it would be helpful for many of us.
    I would snatch this up in a heartbeat. If you get caught, you could just feign ignorance and claim you that you bought it off ebay.

Sunshyn no está en línea Stack level 2

I also wrote to Seido and asked them about a battery back without the camera holes. I'm sure there would be a market for it since more and more businesses are starting to have no camera policies. Maybe if enough people requested it...

One thing I was wondering about. Will the camera work if the battery cover is off? If not, I'd think using such a cover should make it perfectly legitimate even if company policy disallows temporary measures.

dncrishon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I just wrote seidio, also. Hopefully if enough of us write, they'll consider it.

Thanks again!

lew2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Will the camera work if the battery cover is off?

Yes, it works perfectly with the battery cover off.

I don't understand putting one's job and career at risk for the sake of a cellphone.
    Each to their own I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12