Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so I've had my 8320 for a few months now and I think I'd ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dncrishon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Hide Camera

Advertisement

Ok, so I've had my 8320 for a few months now and I think I'd now be completely lost without it. Problem is, I've just accepted a new job and am not supposed to have a camera phone. Any ideas on how to hide it? I carry it in a Seido case so the camera is always facing out. I'd really like to NOT carry it in my pocket.

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

Re: Hide Camera

wow really i dont have anyways on how to hide the camera unless u use the oem case but then again you have to put it in your pocket....lol what job is it ?

jswitzer31 no está en línea Stack level 2

good luck. there is no after-market back door for the curve to hide the camera currently. we aren't allowed camera phones at my job either. if you get caught your screwed.

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

why no cameras js a job restrition ?

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

All I can think of is this;

Get some black electrical tape. And Tape it on the back of the phone. Use a razorblade to neatly trim it to cover the chrome only, as if you were taping if off for paint. I dont think that would be noticable. Worth a try, the worst that could happen is no worse than what your doing now.. lol

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by ballr View Post
    There are a few job environments that a camera could be seen as a violation of privacy and/or cause security concerns- such as working in a court house/law firm, working for any of the major financial services (banks, hedgefunds, stock trader, etc), hospitals the list goes on and on.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

johnck78 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C9CC5

Quote Originally Posted by ballr View Post
    Protection of intellectual data is also a biggie.... Whether it be a MFG company like ours, or a medical research, even some universities. A lot of salespeople are also prohibited when the go to a customer site. We allow camera phones but not on the production floor.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

I can't find it, but I know there is a post here somewhere where somebody in the same situation actually pried their camera out of their Pearl. If you are brave enough, I guess.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I would try the electrical tape solution, although I imagine your job will want something more permanent.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

The 88XX series don't have cameras...probably not what you want to hear but it may be a solution.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Be very careful about violating company security rules. In most companies that is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination. Get a second phone to take into work. and leave the Blackberry in the car.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

i'd go with reddog's or rcbjr's advice...get a world phone or leave the BB with camera in the car...not worth losing your job

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

If you would like, buy another battery back, send it to me, and I will custimize it to look professional. I do bodywork, including fiberglass. I will do it for a very very cheap price to. Just tryin to help you out, I know you want to take that badass phone to work and show it off! lol

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    If you would like, buy another battery back, send it to me, and I will custimize it to look professional. I do bodywork, including fiberglass. I will do it for a very very cheap price to. Just tryin to help you out, I know you want to take that badass phone to work and show it off! lol

NEEZY- do you have any pics of your work? any websites where your work is on?

Taking up your offer might be a good route- because 8800 is kind of a brick compared to curve. lol

No disrespect to 8800 owners- lol
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95

I just thought of this ands tried it and it works ........ Get a rubber skin and put it on upside down . It covers up the camera area quite nicley!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast