I just ordered myself a BB Curve for use with my AT&T contract. The one ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mort443 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi New BB user...

Advertisement

I just ordered myself a BB Curve for use with my AT&T contract. The one thing I was wondering is what AIM service uses text messages and not data. I have unlimited text and will not have any data, and I cant find any "good" programs for this..

Any help would be great.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Hi New BB user...

Hi there, and welcome to the fun

If your BB allows you to download OZ Messenger you can use that. If not you can use these short-codes, just save them into your address book.

This is older information so hope it still works. I know most of the codes do as of last month.
    [265000] AIM-SignOn: Signs you on to AIM. Specify your Screen Name (without spaces) and Password separated by a space.

[265001] AIM-SignOff: Signs you off of AIM.

[265002] AIM-Buddies: Displays Buddy List and the status of each buddy in this group.

[265003] AIM-Add: Adds an AIM user to the Buddy List. Specify a Screen Name.

[265004] AIM-Delete: Removes buddy from the Buddy List. Specify a Screen Name.

[265005] AIM-GetInfo: Displays information about an AIM User. Specify a Screen Name.

[265006] AIM-SetAlert: Sets permanent alert. You are notified when that user comes online. Specify a Screen Name. To clear the alert, send this message again.

[265007] AIM-Block: Blocks exchange of messages and presence with an AIM user. Specify a Screen Name.

[265008] AIM-Allow: Allows exchange of messages and presence with an AIM user. Specify a Screen Name.

[265018] AIM-Settings: Displays the numbers that should be programmed into your phone book for each command and mobile buddy.

[265019] AIM-Welcome: Provides information about the Mobile AIM service. To learn more, send a message with 'more', or visit mymobile.aol.com

[265021] AIM-Unregister: Stops services associated with a Phone Number from being delivered to a mobile device.
    credit: HoFo

Also there is IM Forwarding - http://mobile1.aol.com/aolproducts/m.../im-forwarding
    Last edited by cliffr39; 11-19-2007 at 04:10 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

when using AIM an yahoo and such on your BB. the messages go over data. I would simply set your desktop application to log into a mobile device when you logg off the PC. this way your get messages which you can reply to in sms format.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Hello, Welcome to the Stacks!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Welcome to Pinstack!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hi !
    Wellcome to the world of BB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by dasupaman23; 11-20-2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

U can try JiveTalk... this app will let you utilize all the major IM applications at the same time... (AIM, Yahoo Msgr, GTalk, MySpace....)

Well worth it if u are a frequent IMer on multiple networks

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

jsb...doesn't jivetalk use data and not text? If he/she has unlimited text but no data I don't think Jivetalk will work for them will it?

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by jhowle View Post
    when using AIM an yahoo and such on your BB. the messages go over data. I would simply set your desktop application to log into a mobile device when you logg off the PC. this way your get messages which you can reply to in sms format.

I thought just using Yahoo Messenger by itself would send your IM's as text and not data. I think you have to use a product like Jivetalk to have them go as data alone. Can anyone verify/confirm this?

I know I use JT because I have unlimited data and did not want to have my msgs go as text.

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

jivetalk!!!! here is a link to the website. www.beejive.com

it just uses data NOT messages.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Yah... it is just data via JT... sorry! missed that detail in his original post... my bad

but, for the record (and it's solely dependent upon how u use your bb), i'd consider unlimited data vs. unlimited text.... if u surf the net, get email etc... these are are all data intensive activities... u can PIN with your wife via data and never use a txt msg ---

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD