First post, want to say hi to everyone and ask a couple questions. I just ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lespaul23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys

Advertisement

First post, want to say hi to everyone and ask a couple questions.

I just got my BB8330 last week, its my first smartphone. It took a little getting used to but I am getting the hang of it.

My first question, and I have heard some ppl say it won't, other ppl say it can.. Does it have wifi? If so is there somewhere I can go to learn how to set it up?

Sencond question, Is there a option somewhere that I can turn on the red flashing light when I miss a call. Just so I can visually see I have a missed call and not have to push any buttons?

Thanks for any help you can give me on either of theese questions.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    hi,welcome to stacks. i'm pretty sure you have wifi and you can set the led to repeat notification in profiles. just click profiles>advanced>"the current profile you are editing">phone>repeat notification>LED flashing
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    wut?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    after searching.... you do not have wifi

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaul23 View Post
    First post, want to say hi to everyone and ask a couple questions.
    Greetings lespaul23, Welcome to PinStack.
    You're going to have a great time, here. There is lots of very valuable info posted in the Guides, and other sections (see blue menu bar across the top of each page). We also have lots of very helpful members that are here to help you enjoy your BlackBerry, and PinStack.

Cheers...

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    nope sorry, the 8330 doesnt have wifi.
    Welcome to the stacks, youll love it here.

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    WELCOME! You'll find tons of useful info here. Enjoy your Berry!

Thanks for all the welcome's and info.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    hi,welcome to stacks. i'm pretty sure you have wifi and you can set the led to repeat notification in profiles. just click profiles>advanced>"the current profile you are editing">phone>repeat notification>LED flashing
    I already did that, but when I have a missed call I don't see the light flash... In my profile that I made, I have the same settings holstered as un-holstered. Repeat notification is set to led flashing. Does it only flash like every 30sec or min or something, or is continues till you check it?

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    it flashes every few seconds. probably like 5 seconds apart.

Thanks for the quick response. I will have to experiment with it more. I don't think it was flashing at all. I will retry a missed call, sms text and e-mail and see what happens.

Thank you very much.

Since you seem to be in a helpful mood, maybe you can help me with this as well? It is not related to anything in this thread. I don't want to start a new thread if I don't have to.

NFL Mobile live.
    I set up my favorite team and tested the game alerts while watching the game. Everything seemed to work fine. I have game alerts set to all scoring and final score. Today I have been messing around with a different team that is playing now and not being broadcasted where I am. I have not set this team as my favorite, but I am having trouble getting alerts for the game to work properly.

When NFL mobile loads up, I go to "scores and schedules". I pick the game I want to get alerts for, from the list. Once in the "game center" I go to "game alerts" I check the boxes I want and save alerts. I will then hit the red end call button to exit out.

I know the alerts are a little delayed but sometimes they do not ring. I keep going into the "game center" to check field position and I don't know if this is causing the alerts to not work right. Do I have to leave NFL mobile live open or something in order for this to work right.? Is this a common problem?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.