Well, i went to my local Cingular Corporate Store on june 15 to buy the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kabirjohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

Help With Rebate

Advertisement

Well, i went to my local Cingular Corporate Store on june 15 to buy the BB Curve but they ran out. They didn't want me to work out without signing me up with two years contract. Bottom line, they decided to sell me the displayed Curve for $199.00, i wasn't going for that, i told them i will pay $149.00 or just wait until they get new Curve. Well, I paid $199 for the phone. Am i still eligible for the $100 rebate? The store told me no because i only paid $199, is that true? The press release I saw said 199.99 after $100 rebate with activation. It didn't specify anything about the price, openbox or display items. I'm not trying to milk the system but i just want to make sure that im not getting ripped off either. Please help.

Kabir

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Help With Rebate

It does not sound like you are getting ripped off, you have gotten the phone at the rebated price already, but what the heck, you have to send in a copy of the receipt anyways, do it and see what happens, all they can say is , NO...my 2 cents
    Michael

PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

Thanks mikadad, it's bad that i have to pay $199 for a used phone when i get a new one for the same price. i can't imagine how many people played with curve before i bought it. i will mail in the rebate and call the customer service as well. Thanks again.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

you also have a 30 day try and buy, go to another store and get a new one...
    Michael

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

I would try one of the following options:

1. Take it back, trade it in for a new one and then send in your rebate and have a new one for $199.

2. Try sending in the rebate and see what happens, they likely will not send the rebate because they will see the phone was discounted on the reciept.

If it bothers you that much pick number 1. FWIW, a lot of people probobaly played with that before you bought it. I would at least wipe the device before I started using it.

Tucker(AT&T Agent store employee)

PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

yes, i did get a new sim card and the phone was wiped cleaned. i will wait 29 days then return it for a new one. they shouldn't have any problem with that right? Thanks again guys.

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I personally think you should have got a better deal by taking the floor model. Even if it was a free case, memory card or something...

PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

You're right deputyPS, now i felt like they ripped me off. I will speak to the supervisor, they can either exchange it for a new one of give me some kind of incentives.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Yeah, I'd talk to a manager there or something they should have made you a better deal than that.

Tucker

PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

off the topic question, will my curve work in Japan? since i'm currently in the Marine Corps and my next duty station is Okinawa Japan. Also my curve is unlocked. i called at&t and they told me that it will work anywhere in the world. i did lots of research and the curve does not support UMTS, HSPDA or whatever network they use in Japan. How can this be true? Any help, i will really appreciate it.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm not sure if you saw this, but Amazon is paying you to buy the Curve from them with a 2-year contract right now. Return your phone to the corporate and start over at Amazon.