I have a T-Mo BB 8320 with Opera V4. It runs flawlessly. However I just ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BB8320 no está en línea Stack level 2

HELP with Opera V. 4 with BB browser

Advertisement

I have a T-Mo BB 8320 with Opera V4. It runs flawlessly. However I just noticed that when I surf the web and come accross a handy OTA ...opera asks to envoke the BB browser to download the OTA...when I click yes. The BB browser launches and gives me an error that says " the page you are trying to view could not be rendered" or something like that....any one see this yet? Is there a way to program opera to download the OTA itself? ....I have noticed that I can use one or the other but I can't use both constantly. I have to exit completely out of opera to use the BB browser or vice versa to use the opera....any one kind enough to shine light on this topic will be greatly appreciated

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: HELP with Opera V. 4 with BB browser

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You cannot set opera to download the files. The generic browser is the only browser that can download files OTA.

As for why rhe browser will not open the page you desire, I do not know....

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

I've had this problem for a while now. It doesn't just happen when running OTA through Opera Mini 4 but also when just trying to view a web page on my blackberry browser. A hard reset, alt+right shift+del, usually does the trick but I can't seem to locate why the blackberry browser cannot render the page. Maybe it's just T-Mo cuz I have and 8320 with them too. For me, some times it works and some times it doesn't. I just cross my fingers when web browsing.

BB8320 no está en línea Stack level 2

I figured it out hope this answers a lot of ppls question. I was able to get a hold of BB support and the reason is that its a "security measure" BIS will not let you have one open session with 1 browser and then try and start another session with the reg BB browser. Its one or the other.. Wheb using opera it never closes the session so that's why you have to reset ther BB to get the reg browser working...so basically its because BIS wants to reduce the risk of a security breach...thank you all for your opinions!!

JAKEDAWG no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a T-Mobile Blackberry 8320 Curve and have downloaded Opera Mini 4. It seems to download fine, but when I try to start Opera, it shows an "installing" progress bar, and before it ever gets to 100% I get an error message "failed to connect to the internet". I've tried this when I know I have good coverage, and even while using wi-fi, and still get the same message. Is there a setting somewhere in the 8320 Curve that I need to change? I've even tried uninstalling Opera & re-installing, and still get the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEDAWG View Post
    I have a T-Mobile Blackberry 8320 Curve and have downloaded Opera Mini 4. It seems to download fine, but when I try to start Opera, it shows an "installing" progress bar, and before it ever gets to 100% I get an error message "failed to connect to the internet". I've tried this when I know I have good coverage, and even while using wi-fi, and still get the same message. Is there a setting somewhere in the 8320 Curve that I need to change? I've even tried uninstalling Opera & re-installing, and still get the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Since you have the 8320 I am assuming you are with T-Mobile like I am so what may work for me might work for me so correct me if I am wrong. The way I got it to work was under TCP setting I not only have wap.voicestream.com but I also have my mobile number under username and my T-Mo web password under password. That's how mine always sets up whether I am using wifi or not. Hope it works for you.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

you can download ota on bb browser only, thus when you try to download it takes you to your bb browser, you just gotta make sure your bb browser is set to wifi or internet in options in order to connect. i download with no problem using bb browser through opera,

JAKEDAWG no está en línea Stack level 1

[quote=eduardog21;577006]Since you have the 8320 I am assuming you are with T-Mobile like I am so what may work for me might work for me so correct me if I am wrong. The way I got it to work was under TCP setting I not only have wap.voicestream.com but I also have my mobile number under username and my T-Mo web password under password. That's how mine always sets up whether I am using wifi or not. Hope it works for you.

I set it up just as you said and it works like a charm. Thank you very much for the info. How is the average dummy like me supposed to know stuff like this?

summervillewave no está en línea Stack level 1

i have downloaded the opera 4 and i have had problems getting it to work. I have suncom and a bb 8310. When ever i try to load it i get and error saying i that the internet couldnt connect. does anyone know any tpc settings that i could use to fix this problem. Thanks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats all I know is wap.voicestream.com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats all I know is wap.voicestream.com and make sure your browser setting are set to internet or wifi if you have a router or somebody around you

summervillewave no está en línea Stack level 1

that didnt work does anyone now of something else i can try

NotYaAverageBro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30C478BE

Quote Originally Posted by summervillewave View Post
    i have downloaded the opera 4 and i have had problems getting it to work. I have suncom and a bb 8310. When ever i try to load it i get and error saying i that the internet couldnt connect. does anyone know any tpc settings that i could use to fix this problem. Thanks.
    I had the same problem when I was trying to install the Opera Mini browser on a T-Mobile 8100. I thought it was pretty weird myself, until I found this on the operamini.com website:

Note to North-American users

Opera Mini is available to all Sprint and Cingular customers. Availability for T-Mobile customers is dependent on the subscription plan. BREW-enabled phones, including Verizon, are currently not supported.

A specific setting is required to enable Opera Mini to access the Internet on a T-Mobile Blackberry:
    From your Blackberry homescreen, go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP. Under APN, enter "wap.voicestream.com". Leave Username and Password blank.

A specific setting is required to enable Opera Mini to access the Internet on a Cingular Blackberry:
    From your Blackberry homescreen, go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP. Under APN, enter "wap.cingular". Also enter Username for APN: "WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" (all uppercase) and Password for APN: "CINGULAR1" (all uppercase).

This should solve your problem I hope.