After wiping my handheld and attempting reinstall programs, I can't get Google Maps back on. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBerryGurl215 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2445fb33

Question Help with installing Google Maps on Curve

Advertisement

After wiping my handheld and attempting reinstall programs, I can't get Google Maps back on. The browser keeps saying that Google Maps "doesn't work on your Windows Mobile pre-2003". What am I doing wrong?

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Help with installing Google Maps on Curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it says windows mobile lol humm okay are you doing the ota way

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~okay this is what I found hope this helps
    -------
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~okay this is what I found hope this helps

After some tinkering I have good news. Free Google Maps works great with the integrated GPS and here is how I got it to work:1) Make sure that the GPS is working and has connection to satellites. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> GPS -> select the menu and choose “Refresh GPS”. The display will tell you the number of satellites it can reach and your location. I noticed it does not work in my office in San Jose or in close range to high rise buildings.2) Download Google Maps from google.com/gmm (using the Blackberry browser) and follow the instructions to install it on your Blackberry (I have Google Maps version 2.0.1). Do not use the Google Suite installer for Blackberry (which includes additional Google apps), since according to some reports has a different Google Maps version which does not work with the internal GPS.3) Go to Options -> Applications -> Google Maps -> select the menu and choose “Edit Permissions”; Select connections and select the menu to expand it. Make sure you allow “Location (GPS)” and “Carrier Internet” connections for the app.4) Save the changes. Go back the applications menu and start Google Maps. Hit “03 and it should now show a blinking point which indicates your current location.
    Last edited by drdoom23; 02-29-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged.

BBerryGurl215 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2445fb33

I figured it out! I had my browser settings on MS Pocket IE so it was interrupting that I had an older phone! DUH! Thanks for your help!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your welcome