Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I haven't a clue what this means...can anyone here explain what this means? I was ... BlackBerry Curve forum

siver no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Help with Error Message

Advertisement

I haven't a clue what this means...can anyone here explain what this means? I was backing up my BB 8900 and this came up.

Thanking you all in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images

There have got to be some technilogically advanced guru's out there, that can assist me...

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It could for a few reasons...especialluy on the 8900.
    Before you Make a backup go to your browser options and clear All cache - Step 2 - on the keyboard press Alt+LGLG which Will show up a log of Phone activity. Press the menu button and Delete the Log.reset device (battery pull) and Try and backup then...if it doesn't work give us a shout and we'll go into other steps!

Thank you...thank you...thank you...

OMG!!!

Are you kidding me??? Delfim - are you married? I think I am in love. You are the best. You have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this out, short of restoring the entire BB. I've wiped my profiles at least three times (with the assistance of *E#H#AHG!$% ROGERS and redid all my personal profiles (which takes me hours). I was just about to give up...

...then I found you. Oh dear, you are the best!!!! If I ever have any problems, I'm coming directly to you again. Thank you so much. I owe you!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, there ! I'm glad it worked out !

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    "Simply the best"...thank you again, ever so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    We've got problems once again, Delfim. Your "trick" worked for a few months and the last couple of weeks or so, we're right back to where we started from. I've been clearing all cache from the browser, then doing the keyboard entry by pressing Alt+LGLG and deleting the log. Then removing the battery, waiting forever to boot back up. Then try to synch and the same problems come right back, like several months ago. Error backing up databases [Profiles] 36 out of 48 entries retrieved.

Help again. Can't believe this is once again occuring. Any help would truly be appreciated!!!
    Last edited by siver; 10-10-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: forgot a couple of words...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This is not necessarily something to be too concerned about.

The backup is actually completing, but there's something it doesn't quite like in what looks like the Profiles database. Could be a corrupt ringtone or something.

Sounds like you have some custom ringtones set up for specific contacts or events and it could be that the Desktop Manager just doesn't like it.

This might sound like a pain, but you might need to "clean" out your Profiles and then set them back up. Before we do that, though, let's try clearing the cache through Desktop Manager first. To accomplish this, connect your device to the PC and launch Desktop Manager. Go to Backup and Restore>Advanced. Once the list of databases loads up in the right hand window, scroll down to Browser Cache, highlight it and press Clear.

After you've done this, try the backup again and see if it works.

If it doesn't, try the same thing for the Profiles databases. You will probably need to set up your Profiles again, but it might be worth it to rid you of that pesky error.

RogerG,

Anytime I have an error with this BB, I am concerned, but I guess I should start off by saying, thank you for the assistance and secondly, I am using the new BB Desktop Software, v6.0.0.40 (I have been using this for a couple of months now and it's been just fine [no errors, etc.]). It has been asking me to d/l an update for the last several days and of course, I'm weary, so haven't yet...

Can you tell me, if possible, where Backup and Restore - Advanced, is located on this new software?

...and you are correct, I do have custom ringtones set up for specific contacts and events. Ewww, even the thought of starting over, by deleting Profile databases, gives me the shivers. Been there, done that (prior to Delfim) and it didn't work.

Can you tell me, if possible, where Backup and Restore - Advanced, is located on this new software?
    Go to the Device dropdown in the upper left corner of DM and select Delete Device Data>Selected Data.

Doesn't look like there's an option any more to delete anything with regard to Profiles except Profile Options.

So, IOW, I'm hooped? *sigh*

No, did you try clearing the browser cache from within Desktop Manager as mentioned above?

Sorry RogerG., I misunderstood. I've now cleared the browser cache and although it's better, it still isn't backing up everything. I think this time I got 35/46 profiles.

Now you mentioned it is backing up everything (backup completed), it just doesn't like something, i.e. a corrupt ringtone or something, so even though it says it isn't completed, is it (sort of)? A corrupt ringtone makes no difference to me, I'm just worried other things won't be backed up.

I truly appreciate all your hard work in helping me.

No, one of the advantages of the newer Desktop Managers is that, even though there might be an issue with a particular database, as in your case, it will go ahead and complete the backup of other databases despite that issue.

Older versions would simply hit the snag and then stop.

You should be okay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast