So over the weekend, I updated my blackberry 8100 to the pink 8310 with rogers. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

x.desire3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help with Email

Advertisement

So over the weekend, I updated my blackberry 8100 to the pink 8310 with rogers. I used the desktop manager to change everything over to my new blackbery, BUT there is no email setup icon on my new blackberry?! So how do I re-activate my email accounts on my new blackberry?

Thanks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You'll need to go to your BlackBerry Internet Service account where you can change the PIN and IMEI numbers, re-send service books and you should be good to go.

Did you use the Switch Device Wizard through the Desktop Manager?

yes i did use the switch device wizard!

sorry, im not that smart when it come to these things, but what/where is my blackberry internet service account?! haha

LOL, no worries. How did you set up your e-mail accounts on your old device?

If you have the 8310, depending on the theme you're using, there should be an icon on the device that looks like a phone with a little gear in front of it. As you scroll over it, Setup Wizard will display along the bottom of the screen.

What theme are you using? You can tell this by going to Options>Theme.

On my old device, there was an icon on the screen ( I dont remember what it looked like ) it was email setup icon or something, thats how i did it before.

I am using the rogers theme, and yes i see the setup wizard icon. it says email setup, but when i open it the only option it gives me is "set up email later".?

Hm. That's where you would go to get your e-mail set up or reinitialized since you're not familiar with BIS.

Since that won't seem to work, go here https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers and set up a new account. You can find your PIN and IMEI numbers in Options>Status. You'll also be able to set up whatever e-mails you need here, send the Service Books and you should be good to go.

Post back if you have more questions.