Love the fact that the curve automatically organizes files into Artist, Album, Genre, etc, but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Help (using small words) using Roxio on DM to categorize music files

Advertisement

Love the fact that the curve automatically organizes files into Artist, Album, Genre, etc, but i can't seem to get them arranged the way i want them to. For instance, on my media card I have a file marked Christmas; on my pearl it showed up as a playlist, on the curve there is a genre marked holiday, but the only music that shows up in it is an album that has nothing to do with any holiday. when I try to move the album over to Vocal using Audio Tags, nothing happens no matter what i have tried; the only file that I have gotten to move was a song I downloaded over the the 'net that it had listed in unknown. Would any of you wonderful, knowledgeable stackers care to take the time to "baby-step" me through the process I would be forever in your debt. Thanks in advance.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Help (using small words) using Roxio on DM to categorize music files

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In Windows Explorer you have to right-click on each file > Properties >Summary > Advanced, and edit the Artist, Album, Track Number, and Title fields. I don't bother with Genre but if you want you can edit this too.

Warning: This is a very tedious task. I try to optimize my copy-pastes within an album even if that means editing the same file twice within a session.

I edit the Album field so it contains the Artist name and then the album. If you use only the actul album name then the Blackberry will lump all your greatest hits from all your artists' albums together as one single humongous album. The same of course applies to any other album that has the same name by different artists.

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Help (using small words) using Roxio on DM to categorize music files

do you have to do that before you move them over to the card? i also noticed that quite a few of my songs show up when i look under explore on the full menu when i go into media but before i go into music, and i can play those songs, but when i try to view them in the music file, they dont even show up. any suggestions? i have spent hours and hours trying to get the music to follow the categories and sort itself using roxio, but nothing i do seems to work.