Hi, long time lurker, first time poster... I was upgrading my 8310 to the 4.5.0.99 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spanky93 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! upgrading to 4.5, shenanogins ensue.

Advertisement

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster...

I was upgrading my 8310 to the 4.5.0.99 Firmware, and everything went along fine till the very end. it told me it made a backup but it could not install. so now i am sitting with a JVM error 513 and the computer will not recognize it so i can put a new os on it. i have tried everything i could find on here and over at crackberry (JL_Cmder was the only thing i could find to use for anythign close to the situation i'm in) Sorry if this is a repost, i looked around and i could not find anything.

i just want my phone back...

any help is appreciated! thanks guys.

323stars no está en línea Stack level 1
    i went to rogers and got their update it seems fine the only thing i noticed wrong was that some of the symbols are missing from the symbols menu when texting other than that it runs fine and supports a 16 gb card now

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    spanky93 were you able to wipe the phone with JL_cmnder? That should set you back to a blank phone where can load the OS.

Check out Lavagirl's blog for directions if you need it

nope, the computer will not recognize the phone to let me do so. unless there is some magic trick i am missing here, i have it plugged in, but nothing will recognize that it is there to wipe it. the weird thing is that the computer recognizes it as a blackberry in the device manager.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try this thread, see if it helps: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onnected-5178/
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

well, apparantly letting it sit overnight is the big trick. i turned on my computer and after i wrote the previous post jl_cmnder worked like a charm... i hate electronics some time. trying to load os right now.

Oh good, glad things started cooperating, let us know how it goes!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Rafa1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well I had the same problem,si I call T-mobile blackberry support deparment) and I was told that once you got the JVM error 513 there's no way to bring back to live your blackberry,so they sent me a replacement,check if your bb still under warranty,if so try to validate your warranty and get a new one,does your carrier offers the new OS 4.5.xxx if nto probably is not a good idea to tell them what you were trying to do,but tell them that you were trying to reload your OS 4.2 XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa1 View Post
    Well I had the same problem,si I call T-mobile blackberry support deparment) and I was told that once you got the JVM error 513 there's no way to bring back to live your blackberry,so they sent me a replacement,check if your bb still under warranty,if so try to validate your warranty and get a new one,does your carrier offers the new OS 4.5.xxx if nto probably is not a good idea to tell them what you were trying to do,but tell them that you were trying to reload your OS 4.2 XXX
    Well rafa if you read through the posts you will see that his berry did come back from the 513 error. It's fixable, and faster than waiting for a refurb berry to arrive
    Twitter? My Apps List

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa1 View Post
    It is very cool that you got a new device. To bad the rep had no clue what he was talking about. Many people have recovered from a 513 error with a little hard work and patience. Sounds to me like it was just easier for him to send you a new device rather than take the time to help you. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-10-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Well, I got everything up and running. I still have no idea what happened overnight by just letting it sit(who's complaining tho?), but 4.5 loaded smooth as silk and I'm now enjoying youtube, docs2go, and html mail! Thanks for all your help guys.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I actually think it was probably the reboot of your PC.

Ha probably, damn thing has been acting up left and right on me.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rafa1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yep I think the same way,but if they don't want to bother trying to fix that little problem (the reps) and instead of fixing the problem they just give me another new device,that still works for me and I can take the new device!!!