I have facebook, aim, etx on my new curve 8330. I previously had a pearl ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question HELP!! Unwanted applications

Advertisement

I have facebook, aim, etx on my new curve 8330. I previously had a pearl 8130 so I know that I can go into adavnced-----applications--- then delete it. They do not show up in the list of applications. Next I opened DM---application loader--- and they are not on that lisy either. When I click on them on the device itself, I go to option, and there is no option to delete.

I am running the factory input of OS 4.4.0.127. Like I said, I just bought the phone yesterday.

HELP!!!!!

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    They are service books pushed from you carrier.. I delete them too but they just get pushed again from TMO. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com

)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Those icons are not permanently removeable. They are as mentioned above, provided by service books. You can delete those service books but each time you reboot, they will return.

They are simply download launchers and don't take up much memory. I find that the easiest way to deal with them is to hide them.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah, I did that. Thats just stupid that you are not able to delete lauchers or programs from the phone if you wanted. Must be some type of money thing between sprint and those companies.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have Alltel and there are at least 5 icons like that I have to hide. It's a pain in the butt to need to do that with every new theme I try too, but can't do anything about it. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal, just an annoyance.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tydunn2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

Im

I deleted the IM app from my 8830 because I was trying to save space and didn't think I'd ever use it. Where do I go to re-download IM to my phone?
    -Ty

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    you should be able to open DM and add it through the application loader. just toggle on the box if i'm not mistaking

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Ty! Welcome to PinStack!

Are you talking about BlackBerry Messenger?

You'll need to have Desktop Manager installed on your PC. In fact, DM 4.6.1 is now available through Vodafone :

http://www.vodafone.de/hilfe-support...40.html#rights

You'll also need to have a copy of your OS on the PC so when you launch the Desktop Manager, you'll be able to re-load the IM application.

Who is your service provider?

Roger

tydunn2004 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am with Verizon using v4.3.0.127. I mistyped earlier. I have the curve 8330, not the 8830.
    -Ty

Is this BlackBerry Messenger you're talking about that was deleted from your device?

Let's actually work on this in the other thread you started, Ty.