Woke up this morning, accidently and noticed my 8310's alarm had been on, but it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mongoose720 no está en línea Stack level 2

Help: Sound doesn't work!

Advertisement

Woke up this morning, accidently and noticed my 8310's alarm had been on, but it wasn't making noise. I get BBMs and hear nothing. I have discovered that the speaker, that plays songs, ringtones, and alerts, no longer works. I can still make calls, because the earpiece works. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391
    All those files that you assigned for ringtones, alerts and so forth, did you store them in your device or MicroSD card. It might be that your MicroSD card is not in properly...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose720 View Post
    Woke up this morning, accidently and noticed my 8310's alarm had been on, but it wasn't making noise. I get BBMs and hear nothing. I have discovered that the speaker, that plays songs, ringtones, and alerts, no longer works. I can still make calls, because the earpiece works. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    How does one accidently wake up? Better than not waking up at all, isn't it? I jest!

Have you tried the good ol' battery pull to see if that doesn't fix your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    How does one accidently wake up? Better than not waking up at all, isn't it? I jest!

Have you tried the good ol' battery pull to see if that doesn't fix your problem?
    Did the battery pull to no avail and my pictures show up, so I dont think its the card.

How old is your device, mongoose? Is it still under warranty or do you have insurance? What OS are you running on it?

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    How old is your device, mongoose? Is it still under warranty or do you have insurance? What OS are you running on it?
    Its new. I just got a replacement device from ATT last week. My last curve that I had replaced wouldn't click, and the O and E button began clicking. This is my third replacement curve. I might just move up to the Bold. Its getting annoying.

Well, that's a drag, mongoose! Sorry you're having such bad luck with the 8310! I have two (one brand new) that work flawlessly!

You can try the Bold, of course, and while you seem to be having issues with your Curve, at least it has been out for some time as opposed to the Bold which has yet to be proven or established.

Your call, but it sounds like you definitely need another replacement of some sort.

I don't know, I'm so comfortable with the curve though. I've had it for a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose720 View Post
    I don't know, I'm so comfortable with the curve though. I've had it for a year now.
    I know what you mean! Get yourself another Curve then and wait for AT&T to get their 3g version next year!