Hi Everyone I recently exchanged phones with someone that I just met. He got my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

retro80sgrrl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    29C40EFA

Help Setting up BIS

Advertisement

Hi Everyone

I recently exchanged phones with someone that I just met. He got my phone and I got his Curve 8310. I went to register my new 8310 that he was using on BIS and it said that the PIN and IMEI number had already been registered. How to do I get around this if I don't have his login information?

Also all my correspondence was through email on my other phone and I have no way of contacting him.

Thanks in advance.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You need to contact the original owner and get them released by him. If it is impossible for you to contact him you can try calling your provider and see if they can help in any way, not sure if they can.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you give him a blackberry in return? (if he migrated his BIS account to the device you gave him, it should have erased the linkage tot he curve you have now).
    If you know the carrier that he was subscribed to, you can contact them to get them to break the linkage between your curve and his BIS account.
    If you don't, you'll have to get in touch with BlackBerry support to get them to do it (they'll probably pin you to make sure you actually have custody of the device).

PIN/ID
    29C40EFA
    Thanks for the help. I will try and contact Blackberry support to get this done. This is a silly question but trading off phones between "friends" is allowed?

I traded my iPhone for his 8310 with GPS

I don't see why it wouldn't be - I've passed on old BB's to friends over the years as I've upgraded and they've never had issues. (mind you, we only have one GSM carrier here in Canada, so that's made the switching between carrier issues non-existent).

PIN/ID
    29C40EFA
    I'm with Rogers and when I try to create the new account through the BIS website it says already inuse. Hopefully Blackberry can help me.

Does the phone display the Rogers logo on boot up? (if it does, then he was probably a Rogers subscriber and they could do it for you as well)

PIN/ID
    29C40EFA
    Yes it does. I'm afraid that if I call Rogers than they will give me a hard time ie: What is his name, what is his phone number etc.

Well, in all likelihood, they'll know his info as soon as you give them your PIN and IMEI (you might want to right these two things down before you call) - they're on the label, under the battery). You can call blackberry support if you'd rather not deal with the Rogers customer service staff (don't think they'll make you call the carrier).

PIN/ID
    29C40EFA
    Looks like I'm calling either Rogers or RIM. RIM will charge me for the help!

PIN/ID
    29C40EFA
    Thanks everyone for their help - I got Rogers to fix all my problems.