I got my new 8330 and I have a lot of q's. I just want ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

Help setting 8330 up

Advertisement

I got my new 8330 and I have a lot of q's. I just want to make sure that I do everything right. I am upgrading from Nextels 7100i to Sprint. After I back-up the 7100i should I do a full restore to the 8330 or a modified restore? If modified, what things do I need to make sure I transfer? As far as my old apps go, like Ascendo Photos, E-office etc., will they transfer or will I have to purchase new ones from those individual companies? I noticed that there are no maps and IM apps loaded on the phone. Will those be there once the 8330 is activated and the service books get sent. Does everyone only purchase music for the MP3 player from Sprint? Are there other options using a data cable? I saw the posting about downloading the device software before installing new apps. Is this the same software that came on the CD that arrived with the phone? When I install the new desktop software will it overwrite the old one? Sorry for so many questions but I have a short period of time to set it up today and I want to get it right. I appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Out View Post
    I got my new 8330 and I have a lot of q's. I just want to make sure that I do everything right. I am upgrading from Nextels 7100i to Sprint. After I back-up the 7100i should I do a full restore to the 8330 or a modified restore? If modified, what things do I need to make sure I transfer? As far as my old apps go, like Ascendo Photos, E-office etc., will they transfer or will I have to purchase new ones from those individual companies? I noticed that there are no maps and IM apps loaded on the phone. Will those be there once the 8330 is activated and the service books get sent. Does everyone only purchase music for the MP3 player from Sprint? Are there other options using a data cable? I saw the posting about downloading the device software before installing new apps. Is this the same software that came on the CD that arrived with the phone? When I install the new desktop software will it overwrite the old one? Sorry for so many questions but I have a short period of time to set it up today and I want to get it right. I appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks.
    To answer your first question, it is probably best to use the switching blackberries option under desktop manager to load your new BB with the content from the old one. As far as the apps are concerned I am not certain...you will have to try and see. The apps I had on my previous phone moved over perfectly but it was a more current 8830. The I M apps can easily be downloaded if they don't automatically move over. Just search the forums for I M application downloads. As far as transfering music, that is a very simple process...all you have to is enable mass media storage and you can simply drag the music over once you install a media card. And to answer your last question, the software you need is the software that came on the disk. Search the forum for "unlock vendor theme" and follow the link to download the most current software for your 7100 and 8330 so that DM will recognize the devices. If you have any other questions just let us know...

PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    Do you mean use the intellisync function on the DM to import the info from one BB to the other?

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b
    FYI the 3rd party apps you had will not transfer. You will have to reload those manually.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~make sure to change the pin for your eoffice app. Go to the website and change it there, then you will be able to use on the curve.don't use the intellysync option, there should be one especially for device switching

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Look for Switch Device Wizard.

PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    Thanks everyone. I got everything transfered over. I would just suggest to other 7100i users to use the device wizard before activating the phone to prevent having pushed programs deleted. Also, it did actually transfer 3rd party aps and even themes that can't be used on the 8330.