I have certain messages (SMS & MMS) on my curve that i would like to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adils no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Help required !! Saving phone messages on PC ?

Advertisement

I have certain messages (SMS & MMS) on my curve that i would like to save on PC. How can i do that?

Especially considering, that I am planning to change to Symbian for a little while as changing to E71 for a change, and it could be a little while that i get back to BB. Now i will be selling off my curve, so cant keep the messages in the set; one way to my understanding is taking a backup of all the messages on my phone through BB Desktop, and then retaining it till i revert to BB. BTW in this case, is there a possibility to segregate the messages back-up from the general back-up? or that i could take a back-up of certain messages and not the whole lot?

Is there a second way to do it?

Thanks in advance
    "All people on the planet are children,
    Except, for a very few.
    No one is grown up,
    Except, those free of Desire"

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you do a basic backup it will save everything, all messages, settings, contacts etc. You can do a selective backup and just back up certain databases like sms, mms, etc using the advanced backup function.

Also there is a free program called ABC Amber that allows you to convert the backup ipd file to another format for readability on the PC if needed. See more about that here: http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks Azstar I surely will revert after checking this application..

Thank you ..
    "All people on the planet are children,
    Except, for a very few.
    No one is grown up,
    Except, those free of Desire"