I can't send MMS or use T-Zones but email and the web works fine. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lilsarahboo no está en línea Stack level 1

Help Please

Advertisement

I can't send MMS or use T-Zones but email and the web works fine. I was able to use tzones on I think it was wifi and uma but not when I'm Edge. I can't figure it out. Can anyone please help?ThanksBoo

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome to PinStack.

Please referr to the post below. Seems there are some issues with T-mo SMS messages

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=86618
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Oh forgot I can send sms just fine. And I can't get a mms either

Boo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try sending a mms to yourself it worked for me. I got mms working after that just fine.

Nope I still get the red x. I also resent the service books and did battery pull and didn't work

nodnarb1974 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do you have a data plan with your Blackberry? If not that would be the reason since with a Blackberry you need a data plan to send and receive MMS. I had the same issue when I was with Tmobile and that is what they told me.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    MMS and internet over EDGE/GPRS require a data plan...if you have a 8320 (wi-fi curve) you can use any of the data features without paying as long as you are in a hot spot and your wi-fi symbol with pink dot and bars (signal strength) are showing on your home screen...otherwise you'll have to wait until you're in a hot spot to use data services...hope this helps

Yes I have a data plan. I've had this phone for almost a year and it just started doing it. I did resend the service books again and battery pull and it started working again but this morning when I had to restart my phone it stopped working again so I did the whole register thing again and its working again. But why do I have to keep doing that? Its a pain to keep doing this.

Sarah

phalbasch no está en línea Stack level 1
    A simple, yet something that people overlook is the letters.

For it to work you need a capital, EDGE or GPRS or UMA, UMA is dope, but i wont get into that. Basically what it is doing is trying to resend whatever you have selected (probably 3, 3 is the defualt) and then it gives you the RED X, you know the one...

I forget when it was, I want to say wednesday, here in southern california we had towers that were down for about 7 hours. Maybe it had something to do with it, but then again it didnt say EDGE, just said SOS.

Just curious, what OS are you running? (options -> about)

I am running 4.2 and I am always on EDGE or GPRS or UMA when sending a MMS. It was working all weekend and then stopped again this morning so I had to resend the service books again to work.