my blackberry is wiggin out! i dont know what i did. i went to activate ... BlackBerry Curve forum

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

help!!! PLEASE!!!

Advertisement

my blackberry is wiggin out! i dont know what i did. i went to activate my wifi, and it shutoff, and started to reboot. and every time it reboots, as soon as it gets to the homescreen it shuts off and continues over and over. its done it once before when i did the wifi, but it restarted and worked fine the first time.
    ive tried everthing, different sim, took out the battery, everything!! what do i do?!!

PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Re: help!!! PLEASE!!!

Wow, weird... I entered the password wrong on purpost 5 times
    then it said enter blackberry, it took me 32432 times, and never got it!
    i unplugged my wifi, and it worked fine. wtf. oh well, im happy!!! yaaaayyy
    i definitlu disable wifi on my phone. lol

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

What router do u have?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

curverokr no está en línea Stack level 1

Firmware glitch? I'd like to know the cause in the event I run into this.

PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

I'm not sure what router I have, I will check when I get home. I just tried to connect again to the router and it did the same damn thing. This is BS. I would like to use the wifi so I can get reception in my house. I usually get 1 maybe 2 if I'm lucky. Sometimes it won't have any. SOS
    But when I go outside its full strength.

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

Unplug your router so it can reset. I cant tell you that is the problem but ive heard of it happening before with computers and thats how it was fixed. Im not sure how long to leave it unplugged. start with a couple of minutes and see if that does it.

PIN/ID

I think its ur router. Some router would make ur bb restart over and over and over again. I had te same problem when I used the N router from belkin.. It was WAY frustrating.. Have u tried connecting it to a diff router??~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

No I haven't connected to a different router... I'm afraid to now because I can't unplug the other ones, lol.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID

Just try it at ur friends or another router, and when it does the same thing just delete the router saved profile.. I'm pretty sure it'll be ok.. For every prob there's always a solution. I had the same problem as u did before. I changed my router to N linksys. Now its completely working great!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2442ABB1
    Quote Originally Posted by demyxxx View Post
    I think its ur router. Some router would make ur bb restart over and over and over again. I had te same problem when I used the N router from belkin.. It was WAY frustrating.. Have u tried connecting it to a diff router??~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've come to find out I also have a belkin router. What did you do to fix it? I've tried leaving it unplugged for 20mins, and then trying it, I tried pressing the restart button, everything. What did you do to solve the problem??

PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Ne1 have any ideas?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

N

N

PIN/ID

Well I ditched my belkin router, sent them an e-mail but I never got a reply. So I went with linksys N router.. Works fine now.. I even sent mine back cause I thought it was the bb's problem.. But after 3 bb's I figured it must b the router, cause I tried sbux hotspot and any other router it works great! So I suggest getting a new router. No other way around it really.. Well that I know of anyways..~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Found this out a long time ago. Belkin routers just don't give enough control to get the job done. In their quest to make their support effortless and easy to support, they have locked out quite a few options and taken away conflicting options. Ditch the Belkin, like I and others have done and get another router.