Results 1 to 13 of 13

UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION: APPLICATION NET_RIM_BB_MESSAGING_APP(83) IS NOT RESPONDING: PROCESS TERMINATED Dont know if this has anything ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    lexilou's Avatar
    lexilou no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5

    HELP!!!! PHONE KEEPS FREEZING!

    Advertisement



    UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION: APPLICATION NET_RIM_BB_MESSAGING_APP(83) IS NOT RESPONDING: PROCESS TERMINATED

    Dont know if this has anything to do with the fact my phone keeps freezing but I assume so.
    Have tried removing the battery and a reboot, but message keeps on appearing.

    Please help me! Sooooo frustrating!

  2. #2
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    Try uninstalling BBMessenger if you have it installed then reinstall it. I am not sure but I am thinking there is a problem there. Also have you installed any new apps or themes lately? If so try removing those one at a time until you find the one causing the issue.

  3. #3
    lexilou's Avatar
    lexilou no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Hi, I just uninstalled BB messenger and then reinstalled. No joy, still keeps freezing.
    Phone is fairly new so I havent installed any apps or themes-at all.
    Only updated my version of facebook recently but thats it!
    This is so frustrating lol.

  4. #4
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    What device are you on? Go to options/status/ and see what your file free.

  5. #5
    lexilou's Avatar
    lexilou no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    BB CURVE 8900
    ermmmm File Free; 123248633 Bytes
    What does that mean? LOL you'll have to excuse me im a girl!

  6. #6
    bacila's Avatar
    bacila no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    32
    I have the same problem. Usually I get that error msg with the alarm and a battery pull makes it go away. But, I have gotten that error msg recently with other things, but again, a battery pull made it go away. However, I have been getting the hour glass of death a lot lately and have been having to do battery pulls frequently and my phone freezes up constantly. I've deleted a LOT of apps from my phone but still something is draining the memory and causing the phone to freeze, and I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

    Blackberry 8310 running 4.5os

  7. #7
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    It means you have plenty of memory...lol. Maybe an 8900 user can jump in with some ideas. Since you have tried what i suggested with no luck maybe someone else has more ideas.

  8. #8
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by bacila View Post
    I have the same problem. Usually I get that error msg with the alarm and a battery pull makes it go away. But, I have gotten that error msg recently with other things, but again, a battery pull made it go away. However, I have been getting the hour glass of death a lot lately and have been having to do battery pulls frequently and my phone freezes up constantly. I've deleted a LOT of apps from my phone but still something is draining the memory and causing the phone to freeze, and I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

    Blackberry 8310 running 4.5os
    Which 4.5? Is it the latest? The only fix may be reinstalling the operating system.

  9. #9
    lexilou's Avatar
    lexilou no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    haha OMG how do you reinstall the operating system??
    I havent been able to back my BB up either it'll connect to the software but everything I try do says error! grrrrr
    wish I'd have kept my N95!

  10. #10
    lexilou's Avatar
    lexilou no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    oooooh now you come to mention it, I've been getting a message lately SIM card full please delete some text messages, which is obviously very hard when I can delete a few but then the phone freezes. Also I have a memory card so I dont understand?!
    So confusing!

  11. #11
    bacila's Avatar
    bacila no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Which 4.5? Is it the latest? The only fix may be reinstalling the operating system.

    I'm running 4.5.0.124. I can't remember where I found it, just know that whatever I can download from the blackberry website is older than what I have on my phone.

  12. #12
    BestWitted's Avatar
    BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,410
    Go to options then scroll down to SMS Text. Make sure that "Leave Messages on SIM card" is set to NO. It sounds like you are saving them on your SIM card.

  13. #13
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by bacila View Post
    I'm running 4.5.0.124. I can't remember where I found it, just know that whatever I can download from the blackberry website is older than what I have on my phone.
    Looks like the newest official is the 4.5.0.174. You can find it here just click on Hong Kong CSL and download it from there. After installing it to you PC delete the vendor file and install.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •