i recently upgrade from a Pearl to a Curve, i love the Look Feel and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Question Help! my new Curve wont stop restarting!

Advertisement

i recently upgrade from a Pearl to a Curve, i love the Look Feel and Funtionality of the Curve but i have a technical problem
    while my Curve is in the Holster (the OEM one that it comes with) the device sometimes randomly restarts over and over and over again, this is very annoying to say the least.
    does anyone have any idea why this may be happening, i was thinking maybe an aftermarket app was bugged or something that may be causing it because during the first 2-3 days having the new Curve if i remember correctly it was problem free.
    if anyone has had a similar issue with thier BB, know what may be the problem or has any advice as to what may be happening please enlighten me.

thanks in advance........Ebanga
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Help! my new Curve wont stop restarting!

What have you loaded recently? New Themes? Try uninstalling your last couple of programs that you added and reset to see if that helps with the issue.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

well like i said it is brand new, (a Christmas gift actually), so i loaded a slew of Apps, Themes, games, Viigo, Opera Mini, Videos, Music, the whole 9 yards, i was wondering if there was an issuse with OS or something that was a known issue, but it looks like i will have to dump everything and start fresh......:cry:
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Right after I got my 8830 i was puting things on my sd card and my phone went into a reboot on its own and then kept rebooting. I took the battery out and then took the sd card out and put the battery back in and it booted fine.. Something happened to the sd card. I took the sd card back to the store and they exchanged it.

Chavalo87 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It be viigo restartibg ur phone. I have viigo and I love it but, I was jus using viigo and it had jus restarted my phone like right now

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    You can't automatically assume that Viigo is causing the OPs problem just because your phone restarted after installing it. I have used Viigo many, many, many times and never had one problem with it, or with my phone as a result of it. If you don't want to wipe the handset ebanga, I would suggest at least deleting your 3 most recently installed third party apps to see if it stops.

Can you tell us everything you installed? Did you get it all from reliable places? Have you tried a battery pull? Lastly, does your phone continue to restart if you remove your SD card?

dave627ny no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e8ca32
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Right after I got my 8830 i was puting things on my sd card and my phone went into a reboot on its own and then kept rebooting. I took the battery out and then took the sd card out and put the battery back in and it booted fine.. Something happened to the sd card. I took the sd card back to the store and they exchanged it.
    I hade the same problem with my curve, but ithought it was because i updated to v4.5. You should back up all the info in ur sd card and then format your memory card that should fix it.