Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! My new 8320 keeps on crashing (the screen goes blacking out and then returns ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sharkattack no está en línea Stack level 2

HELP! My new 8320 keeps crashing and restarting itself

Advertisement

Help!

My new 8320 keeps on crashing (the screen goes blacking out and then returns a white screen, with the network completely gone before it tries to slowly reconnects).... This happens no matter what application I'm in. Happens very often too. Sometimes, it follows with a self-cold-reboot....

and then the worst of all is when it restarts itself uncountable times throughout the day, all by itself. Sometimes, I don't even touch the BB and I just watch it finish its restart and verifying its security on the handheld. 5 minutes later, it could be restarting itself again.

I tried reinstalling the blackberry OS several times already 4.2.2.184 version and it still does the same thing. I've gone into "alt"+l+g+l+g and cleared the logs and cleaned the memories to the point where now I have 20MB free. But the problems aren't going away.

It's a 8320 branded with T-Mobile, and using it on Rogers right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by sharkattack; 04-17-2008 at 01:25 AM.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Some of the pearls have been having similar issues and it has been related to the formatting of a media card. Are you using a media card in your device if so try and remove it and see if the rebooting is still happening. Regards chad ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

^^^ tried that and it's still happening.... yikes!

memory card (formatted by blackberry) or not (in the slot) - either way, the problem still persists...

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    WHen I got mine back in Oct. it did this when ever I tried to change a custom ring tone, it turns out that the phone was having issues with the Profile made for Myfaves, these are the firts ones I would edit. if I deleted the one the phone made and then made each one of the 5 how I wanted it it would quit. You said yours it doing it all the time so I would reload the OS
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

I don't play with my ringtones at all. THe only thing I change is the vibrate and volume mode. Otherwise, I don't care about the tune.

Okay, I just got the OS (4.2.2.184) reinstalled again and this time, without the other vendor's stuff on my handheld. I have around 24 million bytes free now...

Will report back later today if the problem continues to persists...

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkattack View Post
    I don't play with my ringtones at all. THe only thing I change is the vibrate and volume mode. Otherwise, I don't care about the tune.

Okay, I just got the OS (4.2.2.184) reinstalled again and this time, without the other vendor's stuff on my handheld. I have around 24 million bytes free now...

Will report back later today if the problem continues to persists...
    I think you should be OK< I sure hope so!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

okay, I was just in the middle of a brick breaker game and the screen just blacked out yet again and the BB restarted on me.... Yikes! What should I do? Would you al think the new OS (4.5 beta) would be able to fix it?

I can't return it because I bought it off some guy, so not from a store...

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    okay, I was just in the middle of a brick breaker game and the screen just blacked out yet again and the BB restarted on me.... Yikes! What should I do? Would you al think the new OS (4.5 beta) would be able to fix it?

I can't return it because I bought it off some guy, so not from a store...
    THat 4.5 is an at your own risk thing, Have you done the relaod without a back up and restore? it couls be something it is backing up and putting back on the phone. Did you buy it off E-bay? if so you may have some recourse with the seller if it is not proforming as it should, which it is not.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    THat 4.5 is an at your own risk thing, Have you done the relaod without a back up and restore? it couls be something it is backing up and putting back on the phone. Did you buy it off E-bay? if so you may have some recourse with the seller if it is not proforming as it should, which it is not.
    I've done that in all my previous reinstalls. I have done wipe handheld and all existing applications.... then imported my contacts myself.... i did not restore....

i didn't buy it off e-bay... bought it off craigslist...

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I've done that in all my previous reinstalls. I have done wipe handheld and all existing applications.... then imported my contacts myself.... i did not restore....

i didn't buy it off e-bay... bought it off craigslist...
    Man thats rough, well I hope you got a good deal, it sounds like the device has major issues, I like to save money too, I have 5 kids so it is a must, but some stuff I just pay the price for. ANd unfortuanly, any electronics it is best to do so. Sorry again this is not working out so well.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

anything else i can do to relieve the problem? i couldn't get a 8320 from Rogers because it is not available yet....

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    anything else i can do to relieve the problem? i couldn't get a 8320 from Rogers because it is not available yet....

Not that I can think of with all the reloads you have done. if you can find 4.5 I guess you are not in any worse shape then you are now.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Dont mean to hijack but I'm having the same issues and I bought this blackberry brand new when it first came out. Doesnt really reboot itself but it'll just go to the hour glass as if its loading something. I'm really hoping 4.5 fixes this. Not sure where else to look.

calvin413 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24218EA5
    Hey All!

I have had similar issues with my 8320 and what I was told was to reseat the SIM and flash cards. How old is your SIM card? This has also been a problem; an old SIM card.
    a ship in a harbor is safe..... but that is not what they are built for...

it's not my sim card because it is really new (got it from Rogers only last month) and i doubt it's my service provider either. the problem's gotta be the blackberry handheld....

and now the Wi-Fi no longer works anymore. It connects fine but doesn't pick up the signal, even if i'm right underneath the router. my iPhone works perfectly fine though, so it's not the WiFi hotspot either....

sigh.... i didn't even have so many problems when i had the Pearl....

anybody know what it means if underneath the battery, there is no IMEI PIN FCC serial sticker? (the codes can still be accessed by me, when i press shift + alt + h though)
    Last edited by sharkattack; 04-19-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast