Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

You could also try to blow dry your blackberry. Keep it on low heat though ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

You could also try to blow dry your blackberry. Keep it on low heat though and at a good distance away from your bb. You just want it to be warm enough so that the water inside will evaporate, not to melt the rubber or anything like that. Yes, please keep everyone posted.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    You could also try to blow dry your blackberry. Keep it on low heat though and at a good distance away from your bb. You just want it to be warm enough so that the water inside will evaporate, not to melt the rubber or anything like that. Yes, please keep everyone posted.

Not a good idea...most cards and boards get fried that way because people do not know when to say when on the heat. If the board is moist the heat causes stress on the boards and if wet, can cause them to crack...this would severe the circuit. Always remember the old-school rule: heat expands, cold contracts.

This is one of many articles that I can Google on the same issue w/the same results...just to back-up my theory.
    Last edited by Jbee; 05-20-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Not a good idea...most cards and boards get fried that way because people do not know when to say when on the heat. If the board is moist the heat causes stress on the boards and if wet, can cause them to crack...this would severe the circuit. Always remember the old-school rule: heat expands, cold contracts.

This is one of many articles that I can Google on the same issue w/the same results...just to back-up my theory.
    Oh okay, I just read that somewhere. Well, unless you're an expert, don't heat it.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    One thing that will work is radant heat, placing on the back of an old style CRT computer monitor or TV, would work. THat would be a place where the humidity would be coutered nicely. I could see the blow drier working on its lowest setting, and I saw somewhere some one sware by that, But like Jbee said this would not be something to be done in haste, hence the lowest setting.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

angelarodriguez no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Have any luck yet? Keep us posted on how it came through!
    im still kinda scared to even touch it! lol. i wanna put my sims card in there and see. my sister told me that she dropped her phone (a diff phone) twice in water and hers still works! and she didnt even let it sry completely like i did. so im thinking if she was lucky enough well then i could be too! lol. let me find my other phone that im using right now, so i can my sims card and check!

my phone's booting up!!!!

yay! i put the sims card and battery in the phone and its booting up!!! i am sooo relieved!! now lets see if it gets past that!!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    THat is great news, Its like getting a friend back! I hope yours works as good as Mine that got soaked, The only resaon it is not in service now is I got my Wife a New red one. My old black one is almost 2 years old and got wet almost a year ago and still works fine.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

thanks guys!!!

omg, i am sooo excited! i thought my blackberry was gone forever and that i wouldnt be able to trust myself again to get a new one!! besides that, i wouldnt be able to get a new right now either. thanks!!! the time was still at the time from yest and the trackball was a little stuck, but i fixed the time and the trackball is loosening up. and ALL of my emails from yest came flooding in!!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    JBee can make you a custom duct tape case (duct tape is water proof).

LOL.
    now that my phone survived this, i just might take up on that offer! lol.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by angelarodriguez View Post
    omg, i am sooo excited! i thought my blackberry was gone forever and that i wouldnt be able to trust myself again to get a new one!! besides that, i wouldnt be able to get a new right now either. thanks!!! the time was still at the time from yest and the trackball was a little stuck, but i fixed the time and the trackball is loosening up. and ALL of my emails from yest came flooding in!!
    HEY CONGRATS THATS AWESOME !!!! !!!!

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    my sister lol i post alot of things about her phone cause she just doesnt care about her pearl unlike i do, she got hers wet and now her phone is always greasy like as if there were lotion!! its sick but mabe i think it is lol!

OMG i need HELP!!! what should i do if my trackball is stuck and wont turn to the right?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by dj_polak15 View Post
    OMG i need HELP!!! what should i do if my trackball is stuck and wont turn to the right?!?!
    Did u fix ur trackball?

Quote Originally Posted by angelarodriguez View Post
    Did u fix ur trackball?
    ya it was taking me an hour ro two do fix it i had no patience thanks by the way

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234