Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by lucky13mt JBee can make you a custom duct tape case (duct tape ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    JBee can make you a custom duct tape case (duct tape is water proof).

LOL.

I really need a patent and this before I go public! LOL!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by angelarodriguez View Post
    i live out here in tx, near houston.
    I used to Live in Victoria West of Houston a couple hours, So I KNOW its Humid where you are, so anything extra to get the moisture out will help!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    I used to Live in Victoria West of Houston a couple hours, So I KNOW its Humid where you are, so anything extra to get the moisture out will help!

Ditto! I lived in Boerne, TX for almost 3 years...humidity is a considerable issue. (That and tarantulas...)

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I worked the Chemical plants along the Coast for about 10 years off and on, and a Lawn and garden center the rest of the time. But I moved back home when I started doing computers. If I have to work in a big city i want it to be one I know, I may have to work in one but I do not have to live there LOL
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I worked the Chemical plants along the Coast for about 10 years off and on, and a Lawn and garden center the rest of the time. But I moved back home when I started doing computers. If I have to work in a big city i want it to be one I know, I may have to work in one but I do not have to live there LOL

Was a dept. Supervisor for Home Depot in Boerne, TX...I miss my Texas! "Where the stars are bright, late @ night, deep in the heart of Texas!"

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Part of me does too, being 20 miles form the Ocean was nice for the wife and kids. Now we drive 2 hours to go to the Lake, Not quite the same, But I am making pretty good money here!. We go back and visit we have good friends there.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Part of me does too, being 20 miles form the Ocean was nice for the wife and kids. Now we drive 2 hours to go to the Lake, Not quite the same, But I am making pretty good money here!. We go back and visit we have good friends there.

Ditto...maybe one day when we retire and the kids are off to school....Texas will always be there.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Hmm i have never been to texas, but after seeing movies and stuff it looks like a terrible redneck place, please tell me i am wrong!
    (No offence to anyone, just curious!)
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

angelarodriguez no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post
    Hmm i have never been to texas, but after seeing movies and stuff it looks like a terrible redneck place, please tell me i am wrong!
    (No offence to anyone, just curious!)
    lol. not really.

battery??

so, i have another question....my battery has a white strip next to the little gold thingies that go into the blackberry, and it has a red stripe going across it. is that normal? or does that mean the battery got wet? i'll have to replace that, right? is there a thing in the blackberry that shows if it got wet?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah the red stripe across it means that this unit has been in contact with water.
    You can't replace that sticker. Hopefully with time itll dry out i dont really know how that sticker works but im pretty sure it means your berry is out of warranty now. (correct me if im wrong)

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Yeah the red stripe across it means that this unit has been in contact with water.
    You can't replace that sticker. Hopefully with time itll dry out i dont really know how that sticker works but im pretty sure it means your berry is out of warranty now. (correct me if im wrong)
    your right, inless the insuareance compay, if you have one or if covvered by provider, covers liquid damage, the device is out of warranty. Sorry to her this, but the device is longer under waranty as it has contacted enough amounts of liquid that the water damage indicator has leaked. Best of luck and give it a day or so if not longer to dry, that should do it!
    Also there is the same kind of sticker on the device itself, check if that has a mark on it as well, this sticker might be different colored then from the one of on the battery, just google it and you should be able to find how the water mark on the device looks before and after liquid damage.
    NOTE: Each device and/or provider have different water marks on them, make sure to check the right one!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

Lightbulb watermarks on device and battery

i googled it and from what i read, the battery is supposed to have red xxx or a red stripe going across the little white strip. if the white strip turned red or pink, then that means you have water damage.
    for the blackberry itself, there's a little white box above the sims card. its supposed to be white, but if that turns red, then it has water damage.
    that means my blackberry and battery are ok and my phone is still in warranty.

but if only the battery had water damage, couldnt you just replace the battery and everything be ok or would that mean that every time you put a new battery in the blackberry, the white background would turn pink/red?

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Yes what you are seeing Is Correct, There is rumored to a one more indicator in side the phone, there are alot of people that have taken them apart, and may be able to give better info on this. I think you are going to be fine how ever, Its not like it went to the bottome of a pool. Just keep doing what your doing to dry it and we will all have our Fingers crossed for you!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Have any luck yet? Keep us posted on how it came through!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast