Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

my phone a blackberry curve 8310 just got some water in it. i was trying ... BlackBerry Curve forum

angelarodriguez no está en línea Stack level 2

Question help!!!! my BB took a bath!

Advertisement

my phone a blackberry curve 8310 just got some water in it. i was trying to wash up my baby and the my phone started ringing and i grabbed it, but it slipped from my hand and went into the the little bowl of water!! it didnt go all the way in bc the little towel was in the way, but i know some water got into it (the face part, not the back with the battery). will my blackberry work after this?? i know if i take it apart, it probably would, but i dont how!!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Take the battery out, and do not turn it on! Put in a zip-lock bag w/rice for 24hrs. (To absorb moisture.) Leave battery cover off... make sure if you have a media card, to take it out as well. No blow dryers...just patience.

Another trick...since you have a baby...put the BlackBerry (not the baby...) in a large zip-lock bag with a diaper. The diaper has silicon absorbent material...
    Last edited by Jbee; 05-19-2008 at 11:30 AM.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    What Jbee said should work, And the Diaper Idea is a good one. It just kind of depends where you live, i live in the dessert in New Mexico so whan I dropped min under a fire truck into a Puddle, i just had to leave mine out for a day, the Humidity here is so low it was not an issue. But if you live in a place where it is really humid, then the Rice ot the Daiaper will help combat this and draw moistier out of the phone.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Take the battery out, and do not turn it on! Put in a zip-lock bag w/rice for 24hrs. (To absorb moisture.) Leave battery cover off... make sure if you have a media card, to take it out as well. No blow dryers...just patience.
    ok, so i just saw this right now, but i did it turn it on again (when it got wet, it was still on and ringing, but i couldnt answer it.) and it turned back on and the trackball worked, but not the buttons. and i dont have rice and a ziplock bag, so can just letting it dry by itself be just as good?

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by angelarodriguez View Post
    ok, so i just saw this right now, but i did it turn it on again (when it got wet, it was still on and ringing, but i couldnt answer it.) and it turned back on and the trackball worked, but not the buttons. and i dont have rice and a ziplock bag, so can just letting it dry by itself be just as good?
    Not as effective...your device could still have moisture trapped inside. If you were to use it while the moisture is still on the circuit-board, is could damage or disable the device. If you have a diaper and a Wal-mart bag, you can still perform the same function. Just tie the Wal-mart bag tightly.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Another trick...since you have a baby...put it in a large zip-lock bag with a diaper. The diaper has silicon absorbent material...
    To be clear, I'm sure Jbee meant to put the BLACKBERRY in the bag with the diaper and not the BABY!

Not as effective...your device could still have moisture trapped inside. If you were to use it while the moisture is still on the circuit-board, is could damage or disable the device. If you have a diaper and a Wal-mart bag, you can still perform the same function. Just tie the Wal-mart bag tightly.
    ok, i do have a diaper and a walmart bag (why didnt i think of that??), so even though there's no water coming out the blackberry, the diaper will get the extra moisture? thanks, i really didnt want to have to take the blackberry apart. i already did enough damage to it!

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    I hope that your phone will be okay.

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    To be clear, I'm sure Jbee meant to put the BLACKBERRY in the bag with the diaper and not the BABY!
    LOL!!!! Oh my!!!! That made me laugh so hard I cried and almost made me wet myself...maybe I need the diaper now. LOL!!! Good catch!

Smile

lol..thanks for clearing that up!

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I doubt there any one out there in their right mind would do something like that. But hope your phone gets fixed

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    What Jbee said should work, And the Diaper Idea is a good one. It just kind of depends where you live, i live in the dessert in New Mexico so whan I dropped min under a fire truck into a Puddle, i just had to leave mine out for a day, the Humidity here is so low it was not an issue. But if you live in a place where it is really humid, then the Rice ot the Daiaper will help combat this and draw moistier out of the phone.
    i live out here in tx, near houston.

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    whoa!!! That made my day!!! Thanks RoGro!!!!!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Another trick...since you have a baby... put it in a large zip-lock bag with a diaper. The diaper has silicon absorbent material...
    ROFL
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    whoa!!! That made my day!!! Thanks RoGro!!!!!
    LOL!

Glad I could inject a bit of levity into the situation!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast