A technology-challenged friend of mine was on the phone with AT&T setting up her new ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lizbeth76 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! metal casing for SIM card came off when trying to remove card!!

Advertisement

A technology-challenged friend of mine was on the phone with AT&T setting up her new red curve. The rep wanted a number from the SIM card. When she went to remove it, the rep asked her to pull it up instead of unlocking and then removing the card from the casing. The casing came off and AT&T will not replace the berry. Is there a way to fix this or is her berry dead? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thank you!

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Re: Help! metal casing for SIM card came off when trying to remove card!!

I would think that if she took the phone into the store they would replace it. It always seems to me as if they are more friendly and caring face to face then over the phone. Give it a shot.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Maybe she can get it repaired at a local repair shop. In my dealings with AT$T they will say that it is user induced error and not covered under warranty, therefor they will not replace it. When the silver trim ring around my trackball on my 8100 cracked (go figure a part that thin that is designed to be pressed on cracked and caused the trackball to behave erratically) AT$T claimed it was user abuse and would not repair/replace the device, and had the nerve to claim that I should have bought the insurance as that would have covered it. I asked the person to add it then as it was within the time period and then they stated..."oh that device can't be warranted!!" My response was "No @#@#!! Do you think I didn't know that, orI would have had the insurance already??" I find that AT$T doesn't really care about the customer as do other providers (Sprint excluded from that group as well).

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

if going into the store doesn't get things fixed then she needs to call AT&T's CS and demand to speak to a supervisor...demand that they document the conversation (you should document it from your side as well) and let them know you are doing it too so they don't try anything...if they refuse call back again and get another supervisor or preferably the supervisor's supervisor...keep explaining to them that it's their fault the phone was damaged seeing as how they gave bogus instructions...sorry this really sucks and AT&T does have the WORST CS relations i've seen since sprint started dropping customers' contracts...post back and let us know

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I understand it is the SIM card tray that popped off the BB? The sliding piece that locks the SIM card into place? If so that will pop back in. It did it to me on my 8100 and my 8300.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, my Pearl has the same issue. Was from the factory, In your case ATT dont need to know the details about how was broke. The thing is that your frien will have a lot of sim card errors. Tell that to ATT. You will receive a new (refurbished) phone.

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Mine came off. I just carefully put it back in place.

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E

I popped mine off accidently and put it back on. I am not the most gentle handed guy when it comes to phones. I never seem to have these issues with my job dealing avionic systems on jet aircraft. Guess I need to be a bit more tedious with this little jewel.