I have been a Blackberry faithful for many years and I finally convinced my wife ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ders no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e0cb95

Help me help my wife get into her Blackberry more!

Advertisement

I have been a Blackberry faithful for many years and I finally convinced my wife to hop on board. She immediately loved how quick and easy everything is and uses it primarily as a texting and light email tool. She for some reason prefers to use the gmail app instead of having push email. I am a big fan of Viigo and get my tech/engineering blogs there. So am asking all you young ladies out there: What makes your Blackberry important to you? Do you have any blog/website recommendations? She is into reading People and the like.

Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    The longer I have my phone the less I care about it. SHow her Viigo and Beejive...and that's all I realyl care about. If she's a fan of twitter/facebook try to get her onto social scope....

She might not want the annoyance of push email...let her have her apps.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

studio253 no está en línea Stack level 2
    My wife's addicted to Facebook.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I'm a tech geek so I might not be able to help much. My biggest enjoyment from my BB comes from BB messenger and Instango. All my email goes to my phone so PeekAWho is really nice with the pop-ups and PeekABlock for a spam filtering aid.

For apps.. you might want to download myspace and/or Facebook if she's into it. I would get her onto the Stacks and let her read some of the posts and check out the apps.

My latest favorite apps are my BerryBuzz and BerryWeather. They are just fun tools.

Once she starts using her BB more, she'll be addicted like the rest of us.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Find her some apps she likes like Beiks womens calander or games, or girly themes. .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

cmcooley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    None
    I absolutely love my bb and would be lost without it all thanks to the bf. But I would say I love trying to find fun girly themes as well as posting here again thanks to the bf. I'm a computer geek to begin with which also plays a part in how much I love my bb and enjoy just trying to find new programs/games. Its like a game in and of itself to me. I do wish there were more free games like wheel of fortune and of the like but not too big a deal right now. I also am a texting freak and maybe if she uses aim or yahoo messenger on the pc get her to put it on her bb and it might make her happy she can be on no matter where she goes. I did when I had them on my bb but was constantly getting spam which was annoying so I took them off. Hope that helped and sorry that it went on and on.

dynamicrockstar no está en línea Stack level 1
    BlackBerry App World is your answer. Get Shazam.

Ders no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e0cb95
    Thank you to all! I'm going to get some things installed. She discovered Facebook and has been status updating constantly. Ill have to check out some games, I'm more of a utility guy (typical engineer), and she just wants it simple. I do love the diversity of the Stacks!
    PS to the first comment. If she is anything like me and other Blackberry faithful, she will still be addicted after 4 years. I showed her some themes and she loved them. Ill have to get her signed up on Pinstack tonight.

daniels75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    negot.
    If you get her to use Blackberry Messenger and find some friends, she will never put her berry down. There are so many cool people to meet and she will have hours of entertainment.

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    My wife loves the BBM as she is always just an IM away from me like when she IM's me from the other side of the house to bring her something. She digs the Facebook, email, and text messenging. I downloaded the newest OS so that she has the browser cursor and HTML email. I also hooked her up with a nice girly theme and a micro sd card for pics as she loves to take those pics. Hook her up with some short cuts to her favorite sites like People, etc. All of this should give her a great BB experience.

I usually try to unleash or set up her BB with one new thing per week. I have found out that anything more is too much info if you know what I mean. Good luck.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    yea I agree don,t over do it with her. too much at once may have her over looking things you took the time to get and install , I like the one or two things every week . it allows time to use and see if the apps work for her needs. If I throw too much at the ole lady she just doesn't absorb it.
    And one piece of advice , don't touch it when shes around. mine gets a bit touchy when I am doing some thing with it. Its my device and bill but I cant even do any upgrades to her device with her looking, so I would sneak a new item in when shes not looking that works for me. small steps

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yup, I would agree with the others. Get her into the social-networking sites if she is into that and also download Pandora and get her some streaming music to listen to whenever she wants.

If she is a news junky at all, there are CNN, Fox News, & USA Today shortcut icons you can add. Google Maps is a must and the Google Mobile App is great now since it is voice-activated. I use Google Maps ALL the time and I never call information. I just search Google Maps for the phone number.

There are a ton of great apps out there. It just depends on what she wants to do.

"To each their own"
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE