Hey guys whats up! i have a problem on my 8320 and i dont know ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sneaky768 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help Me And My 8320 (Power Problems)

Advertisement

Hey guys whats up! i have a problem on my 8320 and i dont know what to do. yesterday i charged my battery to its full charge. it was perfect the whole day infact i only used up 20 percent of 100. so last night i replugged it and unplugged it this morining. everything was fine until later when all of a sudden my batterylife drianed in a little as 6 mins. completly dead. i have an old 8100. i i took the drained 8320 battery and put it in my old 8100. to my suprise the battery life was at 100 percent. so i took it off and re put it back on my curve and it said my battery was drianed. now i dont know what to do and i dont have a clue whats going on. help!!!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Could be a faulty sensor in the 8320 causing it. If the battery is showing fine in another device, I would try another battery in the 8320 to determine if it really is a faulty sensor. Another thing to check is that it is actually charging when you plug it in. My old 8120 would sometimes just quit charging even though it was plugged in. Several times I woke up to a dead battery because of that.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

sneaky768 no está en línea Stack level 1
    it does charge while its plugged in and it wont shutoff while plugged it just wont charge it will always stay low batt and if i pull out the charger i get a battery drianed message.

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    it looks like your only option is to buy a charging dock and charge that way.. looks like a hardware problem
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15655/960; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Normally I would say to replace the battery, however you said it worked fine in another device. In my opinion, send the device into RIM and have them warranty it. If it is a bad battery, easy to replace and if it's a bad sensor, well, let them honor their warranty.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS